Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
anyone have experience with a 2008 ford Expedition or F150
jerrym Offline

anyone have experience with a 2008 ford Expedition or F150
I am wanting to use a HHO system on a new 2008 Ford Explorer but don't want to "experiment" on my new vehicle trying to decide whats where and what to do to what. Does anyone have experience on a 2008 Ford Expedition of F150. I also believe that the 2007 engine is the same

I want to keep this simple and most of all not irreveribly change anything that will void the warranty. Any guidance on what exact parts to use and where the sensors, MAP or other pertinent pieces are located would be greatly appreciated.
04-05-2008 02:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: anyone have experience with a 2008 ford Expedition or F150
Welcome to the forum.

I can't answer your question per se. However, I recommend you get a Haynes manual for your vehicle before beginning mods. All of these mods are reversible, but only if you know where everything is and do it yourself so you know where the mods are. The manual is the best $20 you'll spend on the project.

The next point is that adding after market devices designed to improve fuel economy cannot void your warranty, as I understand it, by law. I've seen this written in a number of places. Yet it still may be a false datum, so don't take this as gospel. Check your warranty and/or call your dealer.

Good luck with your project.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-05-2008 03:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jerrym Offline

Thanks for the reply Mike. I tried to get a Haynes and Chilton manual but apparently neither are out for the 2008's yet. which seems a little odd.

any guess how much improvement in mpgs I might expect in a 2008 Expedition?

thanks Jerry

mike Wrote:Welcome to the forum.

I can't answer your question per se. However, I recommend you get a Haynes manual for your vehicle before beginning mods. All of these mods are reversible, but only if you know where everything is and do it yourself so you know where the mods are. The manual is the best $20 you'll spend on the project.

The next point is that adding after market devices designed to improve fuel economy cannot void your warranty, as I understand it, by law. I've seen this written in a number of places. Yet it still may be a false datum, so don't take this as gospel. Check your warranty and/or call your dealer.

Good luck with your project.
04-05-2008 05:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

I can't answer that either. It's dependent on what you put in it. Electrolysers vary in efficiency and therefore results. Your results will also depend greatly on your understanding of the materials.

Check out the article Tuning For Mileage. If you can confront that, and can follow those directions, you should be able to get 30-50% improvement with a good electrolyser. I'm not saying you'll have to do everything in that article. I'm just using it as a gauge of your ability to understand the types of things you'll need to be able to do.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-05-2008 06:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply