Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
anyone have plans for a pressure relief valve?
hhotiom Offline

anyone have plans for a pressure relief valve?
I am looking to build a pressure relief valve for my hho system. Any diagrams or links to websites with plans to build one would be great! Thanks!
04-01-2009 09:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benny Offline

RE: anyone have plans for a pressure relief valve?
(04-01-2009 09:44 AM)hhotiom Wrote:  I am looking to build a pressure relief valve for my hho system. Any diagrams or links to websites with plans to build one would be great! Thanks!

What do you want to use the pressure relief valve for?

If this is to stop excessive build up of pressure during normal operation of your generator, then you might be better advised to incorporate a pressure switch into your electrical control circuit to shut the generator off in the event of high pressure build up.

If this is to let gases escape, in the event of a blowback, then there are a number of solutions to same posted on the forum. In this case, do a search of the forum for blow off valves.
04-01-2009 12:02 PM
john m Offline

Did you find what you were looking for? I didn't ask when I was at the same point but I took a stainless fender washer, drew a circle around it on the top of my bubbler cap, drilled as large of holes around the inside of the circle as I could, and one 1/4" hole in the center, ran a long ss screw through the washer, a rubber disc, the cap, then put a ss spring under the cap, a washer and a nut at the bottom. This is on my resevior/bubbler and Im sure it will work, but I haven't had a back fire so it isn't proven, I'm going just on instinct. Let us know what you do and how it works. john.
04-08-2009 05:35 PM
thomasbala Offline

(04-01-2009 12:02 PM)benny Wrote:  [quote='hhotiom' pid='28329' dateline='1238607847']
I am looking to build a pressure relief valve for my hho system. Any diagrams or links to websites with plans to build one would be great! Thanks!

If your generator produces so much HHO that you need a pressure relief valve, I sure would like to see the design.
04-08-2009 07:38 PM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

The fastest way to create a quick pressure relief valve, blowoff valve, or anything of the sort is to drill a hole about 1/4" or larger and slap a piece of duct tape over it. Problem solved! I've done it before and even tested a few times, it's a win-win scenario Big Grin

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
04-10-2009 11:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
willits18 Offline

I just use vaseline for the seal for the hoses. That way if they build up too much pressure, the hoses will just slip off with little problem-hasn't happened yet in over 1 year of running. The vacum from the engine is usually enough to keep everything going.
05-17-2009 07:52 PM
cmac0351 Offline

Go to http://www.hhoglabs.com

Look at the product called "HHOG II EPD v2." This opens at 10-15 psi. Its main purpose is to relieve pressure if there is a flashback and then immediately reseal so hho continues to flow. I built one of these for less than $5. Check out the videos of it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YlhZyUPxLo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G92I8Y1WG...re=related

(04-01-2009 09:44 AM)hhotiom Wrote:  I am looking to build a pressure relief valve for my hho system. Any diagrams or links to websites with plans to build one would be great! Thanks!
05-18-2009 03:06 AM