Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
anyone using hho compressed gas tanks on gas or diesel engines
77 chevy k30 Offline

anyone using hho compressed gas tanks on gas or diesel engines
Im looking for tips on setting up my H2 high pressure tank for a diesel and a gasoline engine.

Ive done some research and tried hy boosting my carb'd 81 360. But had difficulty. I injected the hydro and it slowed down my rpm;s. I retarded my ingnition timing to 0 degrees but i guess im suppossed to retard the valve timing to 0. And redegree the cam. I also read up on the 02 sensor manipulators for computer controlled cars.

Second what are the general rules for injecting and boosting a diesel.
I have 2000 caterpillar engine with a ecm, cant afford to NUKE it. The research so far says its easier then boosting gas engine suppossedly because its a compression ignited ingnition. anyone know anything specific. I dont know if the engine needs anything, or i can just inject and record results.
07-23-2008 05:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
johnh Offline

RE: anyone using hho compressed gas tanks on gas or diesel engines
Dont know if you are talking HHO or H2 but compressing or storing any HHO is not on. It pretty much the same as running around with a stick of dynamite with a det. in it. The explosive potential is just too great.
I haven't any personal experience with HyBoost but from what Ive read when talking straight hydrogen the general rule is to inject it as close to the intake valves as possible. With Dual fueling you may not have to change the timing on a diesel. Ignition cant occur until compression is achieved so there is little chance of backfiring. Hydrogen should supply about 5 to 7% of the fuel worked out on energy levels of both fuels. Lots of Hyboost info on the web if you can sort out the rubbish. Probably best to fire a question on the Hydrogen association forum http://www.ahanw.org/forum/
07-23-2008 11:01 AM
77 chevy k30 Offline

gasoline is far more dangerous. how many people died in the hindenburgh? 0. gasoline burns a long time where as hyrogen is instant. gasoline explodes hydrogen implodes.. hydrogen cannot be any more dangerous then pumping gasoline, kerosene, natural gas pumped into your house or any other flamable substance. msds says that leaks are quickly disapated in contrast to gas. OPEC wants to scare u into staying away from things that are new and beneficial.
08-04-2008 07:56 PM
VWfastback Offline

how many people died in the hindenburgh? 35 people died, 1 was ground party member
05-20-2012 06:09 PM