Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
blowing 20 amp fuses
Gas4Free Offline

RE: blowing 20 amp fuses
If you are an existing customer of gas4free you need to visit the support site. You should have the username/password and log in. The system is now fixed and you need to visit the knowledgebase as many updates are posted. The problem lies in the with the way you are mixing in the salt. We are no longer recommending salt as too many folks are having problems. We use windshield washer fluid instead but that is only for winter months so that the water does not freeze. Just stick with the Hydrogen Peroxide and you will be fine.

Non-submersed Metal- If any of you are using anything but stainless steel in the chamber then the water will go dark FAST as the moisture will begin to rust the metal connectors/fasteners and it seeps into the water.

Submersed Metal (Plates) - The 304 grade will not last long and will dirty the water fast. 316 or 316L stainless is the bare minimum that you should use.

I hope this helps.
Vic
12-08-2008 11:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tonyc860 Offline

RE: blowing 20 amp fuses
Gas4Free Wrote:If you are an existing customer of gas4free you need to visit the support site. You should have the username/password and log in. The system is now fixed and you need to visit the knowledgebase as many updates are posted. The problem lies in the with the way you are mixing in the salt. We are no longer recommending salt as too many folks are having problems. We use windshield washer fluid instead but that is only for winter months so that the water does not freeze. Just stick with the Hydrogen Peroxide and you will be fine.

Non-submersed Metal- If any of you are using anything but stainless steel in the chamber then the water will go dark FAST as the moisture will begin to rust the metal connectors/fasteners and it seeps into the water.

Submersed Metal (Plates) - The 304 grade will not last long and will dirty the water fast. 316 or 316L stainless is the bare minimum that you should use.

I hope this helps.
Vic

Thanks vic,

I ordered some 316. I changed all my fittings to plastic and the rust is not as bad. I do not think I will use brass again.

Tony
2003 Volvo v70 2.5L turbo
2006 Hyundai Sonata 3.3L v6
2005 F150 4.6 ltr-No longer Thank God!Smile
12-11-2008 07:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply