Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
blowing fuses with relay
chynewalker Offline

blowing fuses with relay
hi,

i have my generator on a relay so when i turn the switch on it powers a relay that gives power to the generator. the problem is the circuit i tapped off of that is only on when the ignition is on keeps blowing fuses. i dont see how my little relay could draw that many amps.

what am i doing wrong?

nevermind i found a very small strand of wire that was intermitantly touching ground. oops!
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2008 03:36 PM by chynewalker.)
06-30-2008 03:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brupska Offline

RE: blowing fuses with relay
I am new to HHO systems but not electrical systems. I would say you need to test run you cell with out the relay and fuse on another 12 volt system. Don't try it through your ignition either. You need to run it with you battery and nothing else. When it is running you need to test the amperage the cell is pulling. A relay is nothing more then a electronic switch. When the relay has voltage applied to one side of it. It closes the switch inside to allow current to flow in the other 12 volt circuit. The reason for running a relay is to protect your ignition switch from the high current draw of your cell. I would say you have to much catilyst or koh, lye, baking soda, or what ever you are using to make the distilled water into electrolyte. The more catilyst you add the higher the current draw. I hope I have helped you with your problem. Let us know what the problem was so we can all learn more. Thanks Brad
06-30-2008 07:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply