Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
bubbler do I need one?
76GP Offline

bubbler do I need one?
Hey guys I have installed a HHO generator that I made on my 01 Dadge Dakota 4.7L. Im using 2 coil springs in 2qts of distilled water with 1 tsp of baking soda.Vented strait into the intake what will a bubbler do for me and or do I need one? I am new at all this so I'm leaning as I go.Thanks Guys
06-18-2008 01:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cyborgmexican Offline

RE: bubbler do I need one?
The water in the cell gets hot and therefore there is moisture in the air which is obviously bad. When you run it through a bubbler the water in the bubbler is cooler and therefore less moisture in the line which is good. You can make a bubbler out of a damn 20oz plastic bottle if you wanted to, although thats no what i would use it is that simple. Line into water... line out of top... done.
06-18-2008 04:08 AM
76GP Offline

Thanks cyborgmexican
That is good to know Is there a diagram for this? The line in comes from my resanator/generator? and line out to my intake? Do I have water in bubbler as well? Like I said I'm new any and all help is appreciated.
06-18-2008 02:57 PM
Dino Offline

The HHO comes out of your unit into the bubblier with water and it bubbles up from the bottom than it goes out through a hose to where ever your feeding into. You can go on you tube and see many videos of them in action. The water acts like a fire stop and it also cleans your hho gas. Some guys just use check valves I'm undecided if I'm going to use one or not I'm pressed for room.
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2008 03:43 PM by Dino.)
06-18-2008 03:23 PM
76GP Offline

Dino Wrote:The HHO comes out of your unit into the bubblier with water and it bubbles up from the bottom than it goes out through a hose to where ever your feeding into. You can go on you tube and see many videos of them in action. The water acts like a fire stop and it also cleans your hho gas. Some guys just use check valves I'm undersized if I'm going to use one or not I'm pressed for room.

Ok all this I can do with no trouble but dose the bubbler have to be certain size? How long should my hose to the bubbler be from my generator? Do I change out the water in both the bubbler and my generator when needed? And thanks Dino I have seen some videos on utube but didnt know why or if the bubbler was needed.Great infor guys Big Grin
06-18-2008 03:40 PM
syncromon Offline

The bubbler mainly functions as a safety device, to prevent possible spark or "flashback" from blowing up your cells. It also has the other benefits that people have mentioned here, but the safety is the main reason you should install one. Ive read that the check valves do not work for flashback protection, due to the rapid rate that HHO burns. If you build a bubbler using a clear container you can also monitor how much HHO gas your cell is producing. The water level in my bubbler does not seem to change much, maybe a tiny bit has evaporated, but it stays clean and seems to be low maintanence.
I would recommend one.

syncromon
06-18-2008 04:03 PM
76GP Offline

syncromon Wrote:The bubbler mainly functions as a safety device, to prevent possible spark or "flashback" from blowing up your cells. It also has the other benefits that people have mentioned here, but the safety is the main reason you should install one. Ive read that the check valves do not work for flashback protection, due to the rapid rate that HHO burns. If you build a bubbler using a clear container you can also monitor how much HHO gas your cell is producing. The water level in my bubbler does not seem to change much, maybe a tiny bit has evaporated, but it stays clean and seems to be low maintanence.
I would recommend one.

syncromon

Thanks my generator is clear so I can make a clear bubbler no problem but how big should it be the same size as my gen or smaller or will make any differince? thanks syncromon great help
06-18-2008 04:31 PM