Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
bubbler fills up from generator
bill childs Offline

bubbler fills up from generator
MY HHO Generator fluid level decreases as my bubbler fluid level increases after thirty minutes or hour of running. I have to drain the bubbler and add to the HHO generator. My milage hs increased 2 to 4 MPG since installation of the system. I think my AMP is about 10.

What is happening and how do you suggest I correct this frustrating problem.

Bill
05-04-2009 12:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
glbart Offline

RE: bubbler fills up from generator
(05-04-2009 12:29 PM)bill childs Wrote:  MY HHO Generator fluid level decreases as my bubbler fluid level increases after thirty minutes or hour of running. I have to drain the bubbler and add to the HHO generator. My milage hs increased 2 to 4 MPG since installation of the system. I think my AMP is about 10.

What is happening and how do you suggest I correct this frustrating problem.

Bill

Lower the fluid level in your generator. Is it foaming?
05-05-2009 09:24 AM
colchiro Offline

Is it boiling?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-05-2009 01:04 PM
bill childs Offline

(05-05-2009 01:04 PM)colchiro Wrote:  Is it boiling?

I dont know if it is boiling for sure. Everything looks normal. Lots of foam. I used one teaspoon of KOH with distilled water. Meter shows about 10 amps.

fluid lelvels change after 30 miles or so on the road.

Bill
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2009 07:13 AM by bill childs.)
05-06-2009 07:10 AM
glbart Offline

(05-06-2009 07:10 AM)bill childs Wrote:  

I dont know if it is boiling for sure. Everything looks normal. Lots of foam. I used one teaspoon of KOH with distilled water. Meter shows about 10 amps.

Bill

Foam is not normal. I have no foam. Just checked mine for the first time in 6 weeks only needed a few ounces to refill. Makes 1.5lpm 10 amps
05-06-2009 09:45 AM
bill childs Offline

(05-06-2009 09:45 AM)glbart Wrote:  
(05-06-2009 07:10 AM)bill childs Wrote:  

Bill

Foam is not normal. I have no foam. Just checked mine for the first time in 6 weeks only needed a few ounces to refill. Makes 1.5lpm 10 amps
05-08-2009 07:43 AM
Alttech Offline

Do you have a reservour? if so, restrict the flow to the cell. This should stop the foaming. You could either crimp the line, or remove it and install a restrictor in the line. You probaly are seeing the amperage fluctuating also. By restricting the flow, the amperage will level out also.

OTOH, I have heard of people adding a little kerosene to the water to stop the foaming. I never tried this, but have heard that it works.
05-08-2009 04:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
umim Offline

Alttech, I have THE FOAMING problem. Lots and lots of foam in my reservoir...so I tried your idea of restricting flow to the cell. Unfortunately, nothing changed. I'm looking for some solution, without adding any "anti-foam" chemicals to my solution. If any1 know anything about how to get rid of foam in the reservoir, PLEASE post it here. Thanx for any info in advance.
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2009 03:27 PM by umim.)
07-22-2009 09:29 AM
Alttech Offline

You may want to drain the cell, flush the system, and recharge it. This usually fixes any foaming issues.
I don't know your reservoir configuration, but make sure the return line coming from the cell has a gradual slope back to the cell. That way, any water or foam coming out of the cell can cool down, and drain back into the cell. Some other things to try are to lengthen the return line, or fasten it to the A/C lines along the way so it will cool and drain back. It's hard for me to tell you exactly how to fix it without seeing it, but hopefully these tips will help.

Bill
07-23-2009 05:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gary Offline

I'm wondering at the heights of the unit compared to the bubbler and/or reservoir. Draw that out for us.
07-26-2009 04:48 AM