Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
bubbler overfilling
pickertoo Offline

bubbler overfilling
o/k guys I need some help ,i have a 6 plate generator running at app 15 amps and under but my bubbler keeps filling with water from my generator I assume.Has anyone else had this problem and if so how was it rectified. All help is appreciated.
07-14-2008 11:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rebel Offline

RE: bubbler overfilling
Usually caused by the electrolyte level in the generator being too high, either lower the level or just watch the bubbler and empty some of the water out of it. The water to the bubbler should quit once the level in the generator has reached a point where it does not reach the output port.

Had the same problem when I built a generator with insufficient air space above the electrolyte.
07-14-2008 02:30 PM
pickertoo Offline

rebel Wrote:Usually caused by the electrolyte level in the generator being too high, either lower the level or just watch the bubbler and empty some of the water out of it. The water to the bubbler should quit once the level in the generator has reached a point where it does not reach the output port.

Had the same problem when I built a generator with insufficient air space above the electrolyte.

Thanks Rebel,but if i keep doing that my water is not above my plates in the container I have been leaving about 3 inches of air space I have a 10 inch container with 6 inch plates,any more suggestions, all help is appreciated
07-14-2008 03:13 PM
pickertoo Offline

pickertoo Wrote:
rebel Wrote:Usually caused by the electrolyte level in the generator being too high, either lower the level or just watch the bubbler and empty some of the water out of it. The water to the bubbler should quit once the level in the generator has reached a point where it does not reach the output port.

Thanks Rebel,but if i keep doing that my water is not above my plates in the container I have been leaving about 3 inches of air space I have a 10 inch container with 6 inch plates,any more suggestions, all help is appreciated
Incidently i use only 3 drops of sulpheric acid in my container running at about 6/7 amps
07-14-2008 03:15 PM
rebel Offline

[/quote]
Incidently i use only 3 drops of sulpheric acid in my container running at about 6/7 amps
[/quote]

Sounds like you have lots of space there for sure, not sure what could be happening........ Do you get lots of hydrogen? How many LPM? never heard of sulphuric acid being used in the electrolyte, thought it was a no..no from what I read at one time.... Are you hooked to the intake manifold? if so, it may cause the electrolyte to boil at a low temperature. Just wondering if it is water from steam being created in the system..

Perhaps someone else may have a clue....
07-14-2008 05:23 PM
hydrodine Offline

What cause's it is thermal siphon, hot water expands and cold water contracts and it creates a vacuum, you can fix it by building a more efficient generator or adding a check valve that can suck in air instead of water.
07-14-2008 06:07 PM
Gary Offline

With my sealed series unit, when I connected to a vacuum source it immediately sucked a lot of water out, but my space at the top is limited. Just a thought.
On my Smack unit, the bubbler has to sit up high because of the violent action of the unit. Another thought.
07-14-2008 06:29 PM