Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
cant find wires on 2004 4runner v6 limited ecu
gogetit Offline

cant find wires on 2004 4runner v6 limited ecu
hi mike. ive bought several of your efie's and installed a few with no real issues but as of the moment, im totally stumped. my wifes 2004 4runner limited v6 has an ecu thats a hard nut to crack. i spent all last weekend looking for those o2 sensor wires (theres two and theyre called forward air fuel ratio sensors on a toyota). i ended up going through all of the wires on the ecu and probing each of them in hopes of running across them. i bought 24 hours access to a toyota info site and found the documents which were supposed to help, but they were still vague. they actually confilicted the wiring diagram i got from a local shop. i did find two wires, a black and a white (niether of which were called out by two sources i had) and they were both registering from .3 to .6 volts, but the other installs i have done really run the full .1 to .9 volt spectrum. i know youre a very buisy man but is there any way you can help me out here. this is the first dual setup i personally have put in and i want to get it right. thanks a lot. if by chance you do have the info, this pic will help clear up the location for me. just call out the bank(s) and wire colors. once again, thanks.
05-28-2008 05:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gogetit Offline

RE: cant find wires on 2004 4runner v6 limited ecu
i dont know why that pic didnt attach.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-28-2008 05:37 PM
colchiro Offline

Hi G.

You have what's known as an air fuel sensor and your EFIE won't work with it. AFAIK, your only hope is an o2 sensor extender, about $10 on fleeBay.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-28-2008 06:05 PM
mike Offline

You can also use the resistor as described in http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/TuningForMileage.html .

The voltages you saw (.3 to .6) are correct voltages for an oxygen sensor on a multi-meter. The meter tends to average out the voltages. They are actually running the full range of .1 to 1.0 or so, but you can't usually see that.

In your case, I suspect that the downstream sensors are the ones you have seen. Often the AFR sensors are used upstream, and the narrow band ones get used downstream, where they are less critical. As colchiro has pointed out, EFIEs will not work with AFR sensors.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2009 07:52 AM by mike.)
05-29-2008 03:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

Go, you're welcome to try the resistor, but I got no benefit from it.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-29-2008 04:42 PM