Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
catalytic converter?
greywolf210 Offline

catalytic converter?
Sorry if this has been covered before. I am new to the forum and am very excited about it. I have been searching through it for a couple of hours now for the info I am looking for but I can't seem to find it. I have a friend of mine with whom I was discussing Brown's gas systems. He is an ex-mechanic, moved to the other side of the dealership and is now a fleet mgr at a local dealer. Anyway once I assured him that the concept was sound and not just a bogus junkmail "send me $420 and you can double your gas mileage by burning water!!!" scam we talked about what happens to get the reaction. He asked me what happens to the hydrogen and oxygen after leaving the combustion chamber and told me that if they bond into water in the catalytic converter it would cause more problems than it is worth. He also mentioned the problem with the O2 sensors, but I have found several threads that discuss this issue. If this has been discussed elsewhere, please point me in the right direction.

Chuck

P.s. I just had a brainstorm, would the hydrogen and oxygen be more inclined to bond as H2 and O2, as they are often found naturally, rather than back together as H2O after combustion? In high school chem, i vaguely remember something about single atoms of hydrogen and oxygen needing to neutralize themselves by bonding to another, thus oxygen is found in nature as O2 molecules and the same for hydrogen. Something about shared electrons and the like... /shrug
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2008 02:51 AM by greywolf210.)
06-21-2008 01:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jksav7 Offline

RE: catalytic converter?
I don't know squat about the chemical reactions, etc. and what the bonds will be after electroysis. Some on this forum do.

As to the O2 sensor dilemma, you will have to put an EFIE on it. Mike sells them in his store, which you'll see at the upper right hand corner of the main page.
06-21-2008 09:48 AM
greywolf210 Offline

Yea, thanks I have been looking at the EFIE. I am going to be doing some more in depth research into the different models of boosters and theories on efficiency.

Does anyone have any long term experience with using a booster on a car with a catalytic converter? My buddy says that water entering the cat could cause adverse effects on the reactions that take place in the cat and subsequently burn it out.
06-21-2008 10:07 PM
jksav7 Offline

I don't have the experience, but I listen to those who do. Bob Boyce has never stated, as far as I know, that the cat will be harmed in any way by running hydroxy gas in the engine.

greywolf210 Wrote:Does anyone have any long term experience with using a booster on a car with a catalytic converter? My buddy says that water entering the cat could cause adverse effects on the reactions that take place in the cat and subsequently burn it out.
06-21-2008 11:30 PM
greywolf210 Offline

Cool, I'll look for more info from Bob Boyce then.

Thanks
Chuck
06-21-2008 11:46 PM
colchiro Offline

How about all the guys running water injection?

Haven't heard the cat mentioned until this thread.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
06-22-2008 04:39 AM