Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
cell conditioning
that0n3guy Offline

RE: cell conditioning
We have a wiki page here http://aquauto.com/wiki/electrode-preparation about plate prep and conditioning. I got permission from Bob himself to post most of that info.

http://Aquauto.com - Join our community - See if your vehicle is in our database - increase your MPG
09-30-2008 05:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rudagray Offline
Collaboration is the Key to Success!

breakz funky beats Wrote:Can I use laptop ac adapter to condition cells? Confused I don't feel like buying additional charger just for that...

Check out modification to power supply in the file section
http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=1943

I think I also saw elsewhere of using a 550W power supply rated for 22A I think it was only $20...and you may just have an old PC lying around, but make sure it is high W Power Supply as the older 200-300W will not give you enough- maybe enough for a lower A conditioning.

Always remember there is a fine line between genius and insanity, so don't cross it.
Wile E. Coyote never learned and he was a SUPER GENIUS! Roadrunner made him insane.
If all great minds thought alike, we'd get nowhere, the differences can make us all prosper.
10-03-2008 09:41 AM
Daws Offline

breakz funky beats Wrote:Can I use laptop ac adapter to condition cells? Confused I don't feel like buying additional charger just for that...

I found this http://www.instructables.com/id/SSLCT3LF5R8IUKC/ very helpful. You can use a power supply out of an old computer unit. Dead easy & cost me nothing. Look for one that has the highest amps dc @ 12v dc. Mine is 11 amp, seems to work ok even when drawing 15 amps. I left mine running for 12 hours to condition my plates, started with a 2 amp electrolyte & after 12 hrs it was stable at 10 amps.

DawsonSmile
11-05-2008 04:57 AM
elcapitan Offline

(09-28-2008 09:34 PM)breakz funky beats Wrote:  Can I use laptop ac adapter to condition cells? Confused I don't feel like buying additional charger just for that...
I have the same Jeep 97 GRAND CHEROKEE. It took to HHO like,,,,, so easy.
I applied a cell with some production to the throttle intake and there it was.

On a 400 mile round trip over mountain roads I got 25 mpg both ways. This is a 5 mpg increase. My Jeep requires no electronic interference or effies. Nothing more than the HHO.

Others say do not sand the plates...I tend to think that it is unnecessary as I have done both. Maybe OK for cleaning them up if necessary.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2009 05:44 PM by elcapitan.)
01-05-2009 05:42 PM
colchiro Offline

Mine is a big one and rated at 90 watts, many are only 65. I doubt you could run more than 5 amps. You'd have to check the rating on the brick and make sure you don't exceed the maximum or you'll be buying a new one.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
01-05-2009 08:14 PM
realtyroy Offline

RE: Fuel Saver
As far as a power supply goes the computer ones out of a ATX chassis work good if it is a 350 or 400w unit. I ran across a used RV power converter that puts out 40amps and it works perfect. I found mine for nothing but I'm sure if you watch eBay or used RV salvage yards you could find one for cheap. It doesn't have to be that big but that's what I found in my case.

The power adapter for your laptop I wouldnt even think about that! They are usually rated for much less power than what you want and on another note they are fairly fragile in that they don't take much abuse or they will stop working.

RealtyRoy-HHO Scambuster
http://pmgen.com/hhoscambusters/

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7
2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
1964 Chev Impala SS 409 My baby!

A day is a day but the day I save gas is a good day!!
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2009 11:27 AM by colchiro.)
01-07-2009 10:40 AM
clickhere255 Offline

hello everyone!
i have a BB smack dry cell and i am trying to condition it right.
i am using a 12v, 6A battery charger at the moment.
i know you are supposed to start with a low concentration and low amps, but i am only getting 1A at most. i've fiddled with the solution a lot and 1A is the most i can get.
i've ran it overnight several times too.
the production seems to have increased somewhat, but amperage is still next to none.

i emailed smack and he said that if i wanted to run it at 12V, i'd need to remove one plate from each side of the cell, but i dont want to do that because it wont be running at 12V in the car. it will be running at 13.8V approximately.
would an extra 1.8V make that much of a difference?

this is my first cell with plates, so i need to learn a little.

i just cant really see 1.8V of a difference affecting amps enough to raise them to where i need them.
if i am blatantly wrong, someone correct me
i am getting 150ml a minute at 1 amp.
i guess my sum up question is,
is it the difference of 1.8V that is keeping my Amps so low?

thanks everyone

92 honda civic hatchback 30-34mpg before install.
Got my BB smack!
just working out the kninks
03-30-2009 07:38 PM
jbalat Offline

why dont you start up the car and connect it to the battery to see what happens. This will let you know whether you need to build your own power supply or buy a lab supply or just condition the cell as you drive ?
03-31-2009 02:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
clickhere255 Offline

i tried that.
i started my car, and connected it to the battery.
no amperage change.
smack emailed me and told me that the extra 1.8v will do the trick for sure,
so i have gone ahead and ordered a power supply from ebay for 13.8v and up to 12A.

hopefully that'll work out and get me going so that i can finally start to post some results here

92 honda civic hatchback 30-34mpg before install.
Got my BB smack!
just working out the kninks
03-31-2009 06:28 PM
Bill Bailey Offline

I am using the Water For Fuel system and have just changed the water,it had gone brown and the foam at the top was light brown.This is the first time I have changed the fluid after about a year.I refilled with pure rain water,no catalyst,no result so I added less than a quarter of one teaspoon of Baking Soda and the system began to produce.I will try this mix for a few months and see how it goes.

Bill Bailey
06-16-2009 03:20 PM