Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
cell conditioning
Rick Perrotta Offline

RE: cell conditioning
(06-13-2008 09:31 AM)chynewalker Wrote:  hi,

I just completed building my cell (that i copied from s10 hybrid) along with all the related components. I see everone talks about conditioning there cells but nowhere can i find specifics on how to do it. someone mentions running them at low amps for such and such period of time, ok how do i accomplish that? use only distilled water? i do know conditioning leaves the plates with a thin white film over them.

all i have done so far is sand the plates in two directions and ran it for about 15 minutes just to see this thing work.

i think we need to make a frequently asked questions post for newbiesSmile

:)Hi Chynewalker

It seems you have done the most important part of conditioning, which is to sand the plates in two directions. It is also a good idea to then clean the plates with Alcohol. It's real important to use clean water. Some water labeled as distilled or purified contains all kinds of minerals which will stick to your plates. I have a heavy duty filtration system for my house water and then I run the water through a reverse osmosis water maker (about $175 bucks at home depot). This results in real pure water and your plates may dull a bit after repeated use, but should not contain any type of residue on the surface.
06-14-2010 01:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
frodo2222 Offline

Hoping someone has run into this:

I installed a unit that I had used in a vehicle I sold, it had white flakes in the hoses from the KOA dried up which I figured would just remix into the water once I had the system up...WELL it looks like it's making soap bubles rather than the gas extreme amount of suds I have no idea why? anyone has had this happen to them before...I am running a 11 plate unit with a PWM at 1-7 amps right now but the suds keep blowing he top of my liquid container off...WHAT"S UP WITH THIS..
Help!!
11-29-2015 10:33 AM
LittleGreenDot Offline
Super Moderator

Aside from electrolyte, the only thing you should add to your distilled water is a pool and spa de-foaming agent. The active ingredient in these is polydimethylsiloxane. It always comes in a liquid form with the active ingredient emulsified in water and looks like a thick milky white liquid. We include some of this now in all of our kits. Add a 1/2 - 1 teaspoon per quart. It doesn't bother HHO production at all. If you see foam in your reservoir, be sure to add more until there is no foam anymore. Like electrolyte, you only need to add it once, as it will stay in the reservoir after as the water is used up making HHO. We get ours from the local hardware store and it's just called "Pool and SPA Defoamer". I'm sure specialty pool supply stores would also have it.

http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/electrolyte

Thank you for being part of the solution,
-Dot-
01-20-2016 01:12 PM