Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
crossroad Help with sensors!!
jimmmmy1958 Offline

crossroad Help with sensors!!
Hi Guys, I am at my wits end with my car. I initially installed hho unit with o2 extender and got my cel light coming on switched to the effie and down to .1mv and still comes on (cel) soon after cel comes on,car goes into a open loop(scan guage). i have read and understand tuning for mileage. Before installing trim pots and resistors,I would like more imput. Obviously,my car's ecm is very tight and willnot allow effie imputs whatsoever. Dont I have to see some gains first from hho with effie before I start messing with other imputs? My car has both a MAP sensor and a MAF sensor. Multiple diagrams idicate it may have a cts sensor or not depending on model. I am new to all this,and dont want to learn painfully if possible. Thanks again for all your help in advance Jp my mileage is around 34mpg from adding amsoil products and HE plugs and acetone/xylene and pumping tires. would like to benifit some from the hho oldsmobile 88 1999 3.8L also: O2 sensor has just been changed to a denso so brand new,open loop occurs after some driving time(varies)
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2008 10:17 AM by jimmmmy1958.)
06-14-2008 06:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dino Offline

RE: crossroad Help with sensors!!
Jimmy

I'm no expert but maybe you have an issue with your O2 sensor since the light came on with just the extender.
06-14-2008 08:44 AM
HHOe Offline

when you first turn on your car from a cold start, your o2 runs in open loop mode until it warms up then goes into closed loop mode. After you go into closed loop, you should remain there. open loop runs at about 1.0v if you put leads on your o2 sensor signal wire. in closed loop, the computer is looking for about .450 v. This voltage is always fluctuating. This is how your comp knows the o2 is good. If you have your hho cells installed, you will be adding more oxygen through your exhaust, making the o2 signal voltage lower. lower o2 voltage tells your computer that you are running lean, and then tries to richen up then mixture. thats where the efie comes in to compansate for the lost voltage. when i started with my efie, i started at adding .150v (150 millivolts). then you can see how the car acts. Watch for your service engine light and find out your codes. I found it very usefull to watch my o2 voltage while i was driving. Hope this helps some

2001 Chevy S-10 2.2 5 speed
22-23 before
27-33 after
06-14-2008 09:02 AM
jimmmmy1958 Offline

Dino Wrote:Jimmy

I'm no expert but maybe you have an issue with your O2 sensor since the light came on with just the extender. No, o2 sensor has just been changed jp
06-14-2008 10:18 AM
jimmmmy1958 Offline

HHOe Wrote:when you first turn on your car from a cold start, your o2 runs in open loop mode until it warms up then goes into closed loop mode. After you go into closed loop, you should remain there. open loop runs at about 1.0v if you put leads on your o2 sensor signal wire. in closed loop, the computer is looking for about .450 v. This voltage is always fluctuating. This is how your comp knows the o2 is good. If you have your hho cells installed, you will be adding more oxygen through your exhaust, making the o2 signal voltage lower. lower o2 voltage tells your computer that you are running lean, and then tries to richen up then mixture. thats where the efie comes in to compansate for the lost voltage. when i started with my efie, i started at adding .150v (150 millivolts). then you can see how the car acts. Watch for your service engine light and find out your codes. I found it very usefull to watch my o2 voltage while i was driving. Hope this helps some effie is operating correctly and o2 sensor is new. I think I need to raise my lean limits with other sensors thanks jp
06-14-2008 10:21 AM