Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
curious
theworld Offline

curious
I am interested to know if there is anywhere in the US that I can go or send a friend to, to HHO an SUV? Any thoughts on why it is so hard to find a place to have a system professionally installed in a SUV?
Thanks
05-09-2008 05:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Glennjr Offline

RE: curious
theworld Wrote:I am interested to know if there is anywhere in the US that I can go or send a friend to, to HHO an SUV? Any thoughts on why it is so hard to find a place to have a system professionally installed in a SUV?
Thanks
It's all about liability !! In other words LAW SUIT !!!
Glenn Jr.
05-09-2008 05:28 AM
mike Offline

There are definitely guys doing installs, but they are spread around the country. Mostly this field is do-it-yourself at this time.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-09-2008 10:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jksav7 Offline

Yes, I would agree that lawsuits could be a huge deterrent. But the biggest issue that I can see is that there simply isn't that many people doing this and to the degree that they would have a system suitable to offer to the public. Certaintly there are some. At least a couple come to mind. Also, the expense will be very high. I think it's much better, at least for the most part, for people to learn how to build their own systems and install them. But I'm sure we'll see this change in the upcoming years as hydroxy is gaining huge poplularity. I don't mean that the majority of people will know about it and want one, but certainly a large enough segment of the population will. The more the better!

My experience has been that these hydroxy systems are not plug-and-play systems. They require constant maintenance. This constant maintenance is enough to deter most people. However, some of the high-end systems that incorporate true series cells in separate baths I think can offer more of the plug-and-play idea. They cost a lot more, though. My 2 cents.

theworld Wrote:I am interested to know if there is anywhere in the US that I can go or send a friend to, to HHO an SUV? Any thoughts on why it is so hard to find a place to have a system professionally installed in a SUV?
Thanks
05-09-2008 10:34 AM
colchiro Offline

It's also about government regs against altering the emissions on a vehicle, the liability if someone wrecks their engine or cell because they didn't fill with water or added too much koh or whatever. It's not a bolt-on and forget it mod. I'm hesitant to put one on my wife's vehicle.Hmm

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-09-2008 11:42 AM
jksav7 Offline

I hear ya. I haven't yet set up my wife's car either.

colchiro Wrote:I'm hesitant to put one on my wife's vehicle.Hmm
05-09-2008 12:38 PM
70gmc402 Offline

hmmm...expecting Eagle Research specific info here. Ok I'll start. Who has had fair success with their fuel vapor systems? Carb enhancer is as far as i got, but have yet to test for mileage. Building my own circuit is next for the electronic enhancer. Heard some questions about it's real gain since so many additives have removed modern gas out of the realm of "pure" or "white" gas - where the real benefits supposedly lay.
05-27-2008 11:59 PM
95Q45 Offline

I have a 1995 Infiniti Q45 and I want to incorporate a hho/browns gas system for fuel savings. What will I need to adjust when it is installed or will it show immediate differences? I have a 4.5L V8, what is the best design for this application? Does anyone have a simple / effective plan to use? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
06-02-2008 07:14 AM
ghahai ghato Offline

colchiro Wrote:It's also about government regs against altering the emissions on a vehicle, the liability if someone wrecks their engine or cell because they didn't fill with water or added too much koh or whatever. It's not a bolt-on and forget it mod. I'm hesitant to put one on my wife's vehicle.Hmm

Just sharing...
I drive extra extra careful these days with the HHO gen since I know that the insurance will not be liable for any mishaps if they find the mods... I also carry all the tools needed in case I need to remove them on a long trip...Crazy
I too get so worried when my wife takes the car all by herself, and I would turn the HHO off 1st... plus, my heart goes duba duba duba whenever she calls over the phone...Hmm
sometimes i just wonder if this is all worth it....Gasp
06-02-2008 09:07 PM
IanS Offline

ghahai ghato Wrote:
colchiro Wrote:It's also about government regs against altering the emissions on a vehicle, the liability if someone wrecks their engine or cell because they didn't fill with water or added too much koh or whatever. It's not a bolt-on and forget it mod. I'm hesitant to put one on my wife's vehicle.Hmm

Just sharing...
I drive extra extra careful these days with the HHO gen since I know that the insurance will not be liable for any mishaps if they find the mods... I also carry all the tools needed in case I need to remove them on a long trip...Crazy
I too get so worried when my wife takes the car all by herself, and I would turn the HHO off 1st... plus, my heart goes duba duba duba whenever she calls over the phone...Hmm
sometimes i just wonder if this is all worth it....Gasp

Hi,

I've been reading George's books for several years and was always going to build a Hycy 2DT for my 1992 Mitsibushi 2.5 litre Turbo diesel Pajero (133kmiles). When the Hyzor basic kit came along I ordered one (it took 3 months to arrive in Scotland) and managed to build it without too much difficulty.

I noticed an immediate improvement in torque but no more mpg. For a long time it was doing nothing and using no water until I discovered that the fuse was blown ( had to use a magnifying glass to see it).

Since then I have been using it in conjunction with a fuel heat exchanger which heats the diesel/vegoil mixture to 80C.

This old engine which was smoky and struggling to change into overdrive is now dream to drive. It has amazing torque at 2000 rpm and just keeps climbing hills in top gear. Still not much improvement in the mpg department, but that's not so important now that I'm running mainly on used cooking oil. Its a joy to drive with Hyzor + heated fuel.

I took the step of informing my insurance company about the hyzor and they accepted it without any additional premium - I just directed them to the Eagle Research website and they were fine about it.

Next step is to build one for my wife's 300TD Merc. I'm certain it will cure the turbolag.

Ian
06-04-2008 01:48 PM