Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
curious
qsiguy Offline

RE: curious
95Q45 Wrote:I have a 1995 Infiniti Q45 and I want to incorporate a hho/browns gas system for fuel savings. What will I need to adjust when it is installed or will it show immediate differences? I have a 4.5L V8, what is the best design for this application? Does anyone have a simple / effective plan to use? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

I've been working on Q45's for years. I have one myself, a '94, that I have done extensive work with, tunable ECU, upgraded suspension, turbo, etc., etc. To get started I suggest a Dual EFIE to get started tuning and get an efficient HHO generator working/installed. Nothing too out of the ordinary with the Q45's. I'll be adding HHO to mine soon.

[Image: LogoSM.jpg]
http://www.mpgsolutions.org
Authorized Scangauge II dealer
06-18-2008 11:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dale T. Offline

I built an Impro 2000 designed by Bob Heiderich and CRC in the 1990s and it did double my mileage on my truck 1972 dodge 3/4 ton w/a 383. I still have 2 of them sitting on my shelf that i want to install on my toyota tercel and dodge van. now I got som enhancers and EFIEs.
Dale
06-18-2008 07:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Opcom Offline

Sorry if this is too technical a question for this topic, but I am curious about automatic control systems, and control systems make things safer, usually.

Is there any point to proportionalizing the electrolysis current by means of a PWM or other method and controlling that to correspond to the variation in duty cycle of a fuel injector?

What I mean is to take the typical fuel injected car, determine min and max duty cycle on a fuel injector, and corelate that Tmin>>Tmax to the electrolyzer current Imin>>Imax -- so that the amount of gasoline/fuel injected controls the amount of electrolyzer gaseous output.
07-11-2008 12:25 PM
ocpd426 Offline

I think they are not installing them is because they dont work for everybody, At least not me and the other 3/4 of the post on this forum. But some people have really got great results so they say. I have alot of time and money invested in mine and my freinds think its a scame so I am still trying to prove them wrong
07-11-2008 01:44 PM
colchiro Offline

At this point many are working on getting their system optimized (or working at all:hmmSmile rather than making it more complex. Until someone has tried it and found it worth the trouble, I doubt you'll see that here. Probably something more suited for a deluxe commercial unit.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-11-2008 01:49 PM
qsiguy Offline

A system like that would only be worth the trouble/cost/effort if you had a really high output generator. The typical gas output produced is just enough to do the job we want. You would have no reason to reduce the output from maximum @ optimum amperage at low RPMs.

If you build a generator many series cells and you tie the power into the alternators windings to extract 60, 100, or more volts through your own rectifier you will accomplish what you are talking about. When you bypass the stock voltage regulator by going directly to the windings, the voltage output of the alternator will increase/decrease with RPM. Also, by having such a high number of cells (as many as 40-60 cells) you will have a high enough output to justify this type of feature.

[Image: LogoSM.jpg]
http://www.mpgsolutions.org
Authorized Scangauge II dealer
07-11-2008 02:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Opcom Offline

I still have alot to learn about this subject, that's for sure.
07-16-2008 06:01 PM
George Wiseman Offline

IanS Wrote:...This old engine which was smoky and struggling to change into overdrive is now dream to drive. It has amazing torque at 2000 rpm and just keeps climbing hills in top gear. Still not much improvement in the mpg department, but that's not so important now that I'm running mainly on used cooking oil. Its a joy to drive with Hyzor + heated fuel.

It is great to hear you are happy. I recommend heating the HyZor too. It'll increase the gas production without significantly increasing the load on the engine. That may help your mpg. Another thought is adjustment of your fuel. Some diesels inject the same amount of fuel regardless if it is needed. That increases torque, when the BG is applied, but you were looking for mileage.
08-07-2008 10:56 PM
IanS Offline

ecopegasus Wrote:
IanS Wrote:...This old engine which was smoky and struggling to change into overdrive is now dream to drive. It has amazing torque at 2000 rpm and just keeps climbing hills in top gear. Still not much improvement in the mpg department, but that's not so important now that I'm running mainly on used cooking oil. Its a joy to drive with Hyzor + heated fuel.

It is great to hear you are happy. I recommend heating the HyZor too. It'll increase the gas production without significantly increasing the load on the engine. That may help your mpg. Another thought is adjustment of your fuel. Some diesels inject the same amount of fuel regardless if it is needed. That increases torque, when the BG is applied, but you were looking for mileage.

Delighted someone replied at last. I insulated the Hyzor but did not actually heat it. The fuel is heated using a neat little heat exchanger from Plymouth Biofuels - the main reason for which is that my method of processing cooking oil (decanting) does not thin it down like transterification does.

Ian
08-08-2008 11:53 AM