Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
dry cell issues
alscrimp Offline

dry cell issues
I installed an 11 plate dry cell a couple weeks ago (waiting for warm weather). I have 2 issues that came up. First, the dry cell seems to surge the gas output. This is evidented by mounting a flow meter to the output hose. The check ball toggles between the lowest number and highest as it is not a steady reading. As this being my first dry cell install, is this normal? I have plenty of HHO gas being outputted at 20 amps hot ( maybe too hot?). I initially started at about 12 amps cold and it still surged and I thought maybe when the cell got hot it would stop, but to no avail. I even tried to bleed the lines thinking that air might be trapped. That also did not work. Any thoughts? Second issue involves the secondary bubbler. I built a bubbler out of 1 inch plastic PVC that is 12 inches long with threaded end caps at each end. I filled it about 1/3 with distilled water. The problem is the water is being pulled into the intake before the throttle valve and actually drains the bubbler (NOT GOOD!). I refilled it to 1/4 full and it did the same thing. I tried a trick I learned years ago by looping the intake hose into a large knot, hopeing this would solve the problem. Nope! It looks like the HHO gas is actually boiling the water once the cell gets hot. Is there some other liquid I can put in this bubbler?
04-12-2010 02:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AdminKehrli Offline
Administrator

RE: dry cell issues
Re surges: The gas output doesn't surge much. It will remain fairly steady. However, you probably have liquid blocking some of the hoses, and as the gas pushes the liquid out, it will "surge", then slow down as new liquid blocks the hose again. Something like that. Bubblers can also cause this sort of an effect.

Don't run your cell hot. Otherwise you'll waste a lot of energy making steam. Try to keep you temps down. Reduce amps as needed. You're gas output will be lower, but most of what you'll be losing is the steam, that you DON'T want.

Re bubbler: Introduce your gas into the air filter housing. You've got too much suction from your current position. You don't need suction. In fact, you don't want it. Let the HHO gas push it's way through your bubbler and your problem will be solved.
04-12-2010 10:51 AM
donnaj867 Offline
Banned

Hi, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

07-28-2010 05:53 PM
NanoCar Offline
Driving makes me Crazy

(07-28-2010 05:53 PM)donnaj867 Wrote:  Hi, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

what's with the sig? anyway.. your welcome..
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2010 01:56 AM by NanoCar.)
10-09-2010 01:54 AM
aver Offline

Sorry I can’t help you there, my friend, but I had a couple of other questions with my car and could solve it here so I am sure that you’ll get your answers for the issues to are having on your attempt to install the 11 plate dry cell here!!

Plastic Injection Molding
12-18-2010 01:16 AM