Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
dry cell questions
sax88player Offline

dry cell questions
Hey everybody.

I have been using a wet cell design for a good year now, and I have heard that dry cells are better, but I am not sure of the actual concept around a dry cell.

I know that with wet cell like mine, I have plates hanging into the water inside like a jar, and when current and an electrolyte is applied, it creates hho. (see attached pic.)

Now, what exactly is the difference between that concept and a "dry cell" concept. I don't know why it is called a "dry" cell... and what about them are better? (pictures are worth 1000 words, so any pics would be great to go along with an explanation...)

Does someone have written instructions on how to build one?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-08-2009 05:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
umim Offline

RE: dry cell questions
Go to youtube.com and put "hho dry cell" in to search. Everything is there. It is very educational.
06-09-2009 05:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jbalat Offline

RE: dry cell questions
Just imagine instead of dunking your cell in water you were to put a gasket between each plate and then find a way of getting water to each cell and getting the gas out... Viola!

By seperating each cell you minimise losses from current jumping across more than one cell at a time. This reduces the efficiency and adds to cell heating. In reality this is very hard to do.

The Smack BBIV is pretty good in this regard.

IMO the Bob Boyce arrangement is the best
http://waterpoweredcar.com/pdf.files/D9.pdf
06-10-2009 12:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply