Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
e-bay cell... reconfigured?
wes77 Offline

e-bay cell... reconfigured?
I bought this "brick in a bath" cell on e-bay from a guy claiming 2 lpm. long story short, it doesn't work as claimed according to my bench testing methods. I am working on a possible refund, but if he will not agree, does this cell look like it would be worth reconfiguring and maybe able to produce 1 lpm if I take the steps planned below?

Currently it has a very unusual 9 plate configuration ---nnnn++. My plan was to remove two of the middle plates and change the connections to -nnnnn+ then wrap the plate edges and threaded rod with shrink wrap (or similar) to minimize current leakage.

The cell is solid and well built other than the config. and the guy is a knowledgable mechanic when it comes to install, but obviously doesn't know much about cell configuration and production.

Anyway, I've been reading quite a few knowledgable posts from guys on this site and I would appreciate your help and input very much.

thanks in advance!

Note: I changed the wording in this post to a little tamer verbage because i realize I do not know everything and it is not my place to bash unless I know for sure someone is a fraud. See my last post on page 2 for the final conclusion. Thanks for reading and for your input.

-wes

Attached File(s)
.pdf  cell pics_Layout 1.pdf (Size: 123.5 KB / Downloads: 62)
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2008 07:02 AM by wes77.)
11-18-2008 12:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rudagray Offline
Collaboration is the Key to Success!

RE: e-bay lemon cell... reconfigured?
wes77 Wrote:I bought this "brick in a bath" cell on e-bay from a guy claiming 2 lpm. long story short, it doesn't work as claimed. I am working on a possible refund, but if he will not agree, does this cell look like it would be worth reconfiguring and maybe able to produce 1 lpm if I take the steps planned below?

Currently it has a very unusual 9 plate configuration ---nnnn++. My plan was to remove two of the middle plates and change the connections to -nnnnn+ then wrap the plate edges and threaded rod with shrink wrap (or similar) to minimize current leakage.

The cell is solid and well built other than the poor config. and the guy is a knowledgable mechanic when it comes to install, but obviously doesn't know a thing about cell configuration and production. Not to mention all those good points are slighted by the fact that he is a liar and a cheat.

Anyway, I've been reading quite a few knowledgable posts from guys on this site and I would appreciate your help and input very much.

thanks in advance!

-wes

I suggest +nnn-nnn+ to use the 9 plates... it might be a slight heat generator though... best if you could add 2 or 4 plates and drop voltage further.
To be an 11 or 13 plate design...
+nnnn-nnnn+ or +nnnnn-nnnnn+

If you have another container could also run 2 cells in series
+nnn- and +nnn-, then you only need 1 additional plate, but you would want both cells to be the same and same concentration electrolyte used.

Always remember there is a fine line between genius and insanity, so don't cross it.
Wile E. Coyote never learned and he was a SUPER GENIUS! Roadrunner made him insane.
If all great minds thought alike, we'd get nowhere, the differences can make us all prosper.
11-18-2008 01:09 PM
palongee1 Offline

Hey Wes..youre right! Looks just like the one I bought. Bet its from the same guy. Mike
11-18-2008 01:17 PM
realtyroy Offline

wes77 Wrote:I bought this "brick in a bath" cell on e-bay from a guy claiming 2 lpm. long story short, it doesn't work as claimed. I am working on a possible refund, but if he will not agree, does this cell look like it would be worth reconfiguring and maybe able to produce 1 lpm if I take the steps planned below?

The cell is solid and well built other than the poor config. and the guy is a knowledgable mechanic when it comes to install, but obviously doesn't know a thing about cell configuration and production. Not to mention all those good points are slighted by the fact that he is a liar and a cheat.

thanks in advance!

-wes

I would be interested in looking at this guys ebay listing if you could provide a link.

RealtyRoy-HHO Scambuster
http://pmgen.com/hhoscambusters/

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7
2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
1964 Chev Impala SS 409 My baby!

A day is a day but the day I save gas is a good day!!
11-18-2008 01:32 PM
wes77 Offline

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/youbetcha-ga2/

this is a link to his page if you want to check it out.

-Wes
11-18-2008 01:41 PM
wes77 Offline

The biggest problem I have, and reason I bought a cell in the first place is that I didn't have the tools to cut and drill stainless steel plates to shape and didn't know really how to connect the cell and system to a vehicle. I figured this guy had put in the time and I would benefit from his research. He does know vehicles, just not HHO cell configurations.

The current housing only has the two threaded rods coming down for two connections with the existing plates, and I only have 9 plates to work with. I suppose I could ask for more plates as a peace offering for an unhappy customer and maybe could turn the cell into something useful with the +nnn-nnn+ or even 4 or 5 neutral 2 cell config.

Please share any additional input or past experience with these configurations in a brick in a bath type cell. I would like as much input as possible before I proceed. Thanks again guys!

-Wes
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2008 02:57 PM by wes77.)
11-18-2008 01:54 PM
Yodamaker Offline

Wes,

I would suggest that you use -nnn+nnn-. You want more negative plates than positive plates as the negative plates produce Hydrogen and the positive will produce Oxygen. You would be able to make 9 plates look like this
-nnn+nnn-
and I think thats your best bet

89 Ford Probe 4cyl 51mpg/hwy
http://www.greatertech.com
11-19-2008 09:52 AM
Yodamaker Offline

Wes,

I would suggest that you use -nnn+nnn-. You want more negative plates than positive plates as the negative plates produce Hydrogen and the positive will produce Oxygen. You would be able to make 9 plates look like this
-nnn+nnn-
and I think thats your best bet

11-19-2008 10:04 AM
hydrotinkerer Offline

The amount of "+ or -" plates have no bearing on how much hydrogen or oxygen is produced. Water is still split the same no matter how you look at it(h2o).

Wes77 did you receive everything that was listed on the ebay auction?
11-19-2008 10:51 AM
Yodamaker Offline

hydrotinkerer Wrote:The amount of "+ or -" plates have no bearing on how much hydrogen or oxygen is produced. Water is still split the same no matter how you look at it(h2o).

True you only get what you split in that ratio but the production tests I have done show better production volume when there are more negative connections than positive.

11-19-2008 11:36 AM