Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
efie and map sensor enhancer
striker273 Offline

efie and map sensor enhancer
I was under the impression you had to use one or the other Map sensor enhancer or an efie. Can you use both together. I didn't see good results with the map sensor enhancer 45 mpg combined city and hwy at first then dropped to 38 mpg. combined. Before any enhancers 32 mpg. combined.
I just hooked up an efie but haven't done any road tests yet. still trying to adjust it. I have a scanguage ll hooked up should Isee any imediate results on that or will it take time to show results on mpg. What else should I be looking at on the scanguage II to help with adjustments.

1999 Honda civic lx 1.6 Liter w/ water 4 gas 6 pack
11-11-2008 10:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: efie and map sensor enhancer
If you're using both, I'd set the MAP to a low setting, about 10% above normal. You should be able to see that on your SG. Note the higher you set your MAP, the lower you'll need to set your efie.

I know changing the MAF setting on my vehicle, changed the mileage the SG reported. I suspect you might notice the same thing with your MAP. If that's the case, just set it and leave it and it should straighten out with the next fill, providing you can leave it alone. I'm not aware of the efie affecting the calibration of the SG, but changing ethanol level (usually 10% or 0%) does, so try to stay with the same type and your reading will be more accurate.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-11-2008 11:00 AM
wide open 97 Offline

how do u adjust the map sensor?I need to know where to adjust it to.It runs stock at 70mph at 10.6 on the map.How far can i adjust it down???
11-11-2008 04:52 PM
colchiro Offline

wide open 97 Wrote:how do u adjust the map sensor?I need to know where to adjust it to.It runs stock at 70mph at 10.6 on the map.How far can i adjust it down???

Depends. What vehicle? Do you also have an efie? I assume you have a hho cell, if not what do you have?

Sorry, need a lot more info.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-11-2008 04:55 PM
wide open 97 Offline

I HAVE A 2001 MALIBU NO EFIE JUST MAP SENSOR ENHANCER.I ALSO HAVE AN HHO CELL WITH BUBBLER
11-11-2008 06:58 PM
colchiro Offline

It's all about trial and error. Turn it up a bit and check your mileage, then turn it a bit more.

You've gone too far if:
You get a CEL
loss of power or other driveability issue
No gain in mileage.

FWIW, the o2 sensor has the final word and you'll probably get better results with an efie, but I'd try the MAP since you have it installed.

Rick

11-11-2008 07:09 PM
wide open 97 Offline

how does an efie work and do you recommend a certain one??
11-11-2008 07:27 PM
colchiro Offline

See my Documents links for info on efies.

Most people here will agree that Mike has the best support and a superior unit. There's a Store link at the top of the page. Also, there's links at the bottom (in the Store) for a basic efie, but bear in mind, no case, no switch, no jacks for reading your offset. My personal preference is the deluxe for those reasons.

Rick

11-11-2008 08:24 PM
Adreas Offline
Adreas

enexyrodaneisthrio
Pwlhsh rologiwn kai oxi mono. Dwrean ektimhseis . http://www.facebook.com/pages/Enexyra-At...0458741755

Adreas
11-11-2011 07:02 PM