Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
efie//engine light problem
jimmmmy1958 Offline

efie//engine light problem
Hi folks, new to this forum and need help with this problem. I have a super hydroxy gen installed initially with a o2 extender on the pre cat o2 sensor. the engine light kept coming on,so was advised to go to a denso o2 sensor. Light still kept coming on,so I took out the extender and went with a efie. I have been playing with the mvolt adjustment and light still keeps coming on.(down to 207 mv) Should i go lower yet? any other ideas. thanks a million!! Jim 99 olds model 88 3.8 will efie mess up the scan guage i have ordered?
06-03-2008 07:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: efie//engine light problem
You can go lower, but I would sure like to know what error code the engine is giving you at this point. You should definitely be able to add .207 volts and not have trouble lights coming on. Can you get a ScanGauge on it, or perhaps there are blink codes for your car? Somehow, we need to see what the actual error is.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-03-2008 09:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jimmmmy1958 Offline

mike Wrote:You can go lower, but I would sure like to know what error code the engine is giving you at this point. You should definitely be able to add .207 volts and not have trouble lights coming on. Can you get a ScanGauge on it, or perhaps there are blink codes for your car? Somehow, we need to see what the actual error is.

Hi Mike, I keep getting 2 codes: p1133 and MIL on. thanks for any tips Mike Jim
06-04-2008 07:42 AM
jimmmmy1958 Offline

jimmmmy1958 Wrote:
mike Wrote:You can go lower, but I would sure like to know what error code the engine is giving you at this point. You should definitely be able to add .207 volts and not have trouble lights coming on. Can you get a ScanGauge on it, or perhaps there are blink codes for your car? Somehow, we need to see what the actual error is.

Hi Mike, I keep getting 2 codes: p1133 and MIL on. thanks for any tips Mike Jim
Additional: I have a scan guage coming on Friday
06-04-2008 07:43 AM
jbarrifly Offline

P1133 is saying the ecm is not seeing the switch bias of the 02 sensors it has to see a rich lean condition 40 times per min or it will set this code
If you set your efie to high it will not let it go low enough to show a switch.
06-04-2008 03:53 PM
mike Offline

Yes, that's right, but he's only at .207 volts now. Jimmmy, you'd better try going lower. In rare cases I've seen guys need quite low settings on the EFIE to get results. See what happens if you go down to .100. Then if it likes that, raise it by about .025 volts at a time until you get the engine code again.

You may have to adjust some other sensors as per Tuning For Mileage before you can raise the EFIE to a higher range.

Visit Our Documents Page
06-04-2008 06:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jimmmmy1958 Offline

mike Wrote:Yes, that's right, but he's only at .207 volts now. Jimmmy, you'd better try going lower. In rare cases I've seen guys need quite low settings on the EFIE to get results. See what happens if you go down to .100. Then if it likes that, raise it by about .025 volts at a time until you get the engine code again.

You may have to adjust some other sensors as per Tuning For Mileage before you can raise the EFIE to a higher range.
Hi Mike, engine light went off at 186 mv and stayed off (atleast for now) I will start to inch it back up. Am I losing ground by having to tweak it back this much? I want to max the gain from my hydroxy gen. by tweaking the other sensors,will this affect scan guage readings materially? Id like if possible to keep that reference for gains. sounds like this tweaking with resistors will get my efie to tolerate higher outputs for leaning,which would be great. Thanks for your imput as well as imput from the other great guy's on this forum!! JP
06-05-2008 08:34 AM
mike Offline

Yes, when you tweak sensors, the scan gauge reads what the ECU is reading, which is a modified reading. If you adjust the CTS, then the scan gauge will see the modified coolant temp. But that's how you will maximize your gains.

Also, it may well be that 186 mv is plenty for your engine. You'll have to see what kind of mileage you get.

Visit Our Documents Page
06-05-2008 08:49 AM