Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
efie istallation
tanahiro Offline

efie istallation
hi, mike.

i already istalled the efie in my pontiac. soon when i start the efie voltage was .25 after few minutes go down to .19, is this normal?

did you here something about the best adjustment for pontiac grand prix 2006 3.8l? at this moment i have the original adjustement, the way that the efie came.

i make a try and check the oxy connection and the compu connection. the oxy conn. is lower than the compu this is correct? the oxy conn. is around .1 to 6. and the compu conn. is .1 to 9. is this good or not?
01-29-2008 03:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: efie istallation
Yes, this is all correct. The EFIE adds voltage to the oxygen sensor, so the voltage to the computer will be higher. If you measure between the red and black ports, that is the amount the voltage is being raised.

I prefer to start at about 100 millivolts and go up from there. Most often .250 is too much. Run a tank of gas at .100 and see if your mpg improved. Then go up to .125 and do the same. You will find a point where fuel savings maximizes.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
01-29-2008 11:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tanahiro Offline

hi, mike what is suppost to be the value of the oxigen sensor. what is your value in your oxygen sensor with hho?
01-31-2008 04:03 PM
mike Offline

I'm not sure I understand the question.

A healthy oxygen sensor puts out between .1 and .9 volts approximately. You will read this between the oxygen sensor's signal wire and ground. When the air/fuel mixture is at 14.7, it will put out .45 volts, which is the center of it's range, and means the "correct" air/fuel ratio. Your volt meter will show many different readings though as the voltage will be constantly changing.

With the EFIE attached, you will read the same voltages, but shifted by the amount you have the EFIE set to. If you have set it at .150, then the range will be .250 to 1.050 volts, and the .45 volts will become .600.

Is this what you are asking?

Visit Our Documents Page
01-31-2008 07:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tanahiro Offline

well, yes. i only want to know what is going to be the voltage in the oxygen sensor with the hho and without, to see if my electrolyzer is working or not.
02-01-2008 09:16 AM
mike Offline

Oh, I see. Well I can't tell you the exact voltages because they change so rapidly.

Also, the voltages will be the same with and without the HHO because the computer will add more gas until the voltages it sees are "correct". This means that after installing the HHO it will see more oxygen in the exhaust, then it will add more gas until the exhaust oxygen is "correct". The end result is that the oxygen sensor voltages will be the same before and after the HHO is installed. The difference won't be the oxygen sensor voltage. It will be the amount of gas being dumped into the cylinders.

The only way I know of to see if the HHO is working is to check for gas production. You can stick your output hose into some water and you should see the bubbles coming out. If you need to measure gas production, you might want to watch this video, to see a way to do this.

Visit Our Documents Page
02-01-2008 10:47 AM
qsiguy Offline

You would need a way to measure the injector pulses and width to know if the fuel delivery was increasing with the use of HHO. An oscilloscope would let you "see" this data. Bottom line is that it will be the easiest to get your baseline mpg numbers with no mods, baseline numbers with the EFIE only, tuned the best you can, then with HHO turned on and readjust the EFIE the best you can and get your MPG numbers. Of course you need to attempt to stay consistent with your testing between the baseline tests and the final tests with mods active.

You can test your HHO generator independently at a given amperage and when the unit is in the car running at the same amperage you'll know exactly how much gas is being produced and consumed by the vehicle.

That looks like a neat way to check gas output on that video. I've always just filled a 500mL bottle with water, submerged the neck upside down in a larger container of water and bubbled the gas up from under the bottle and time how long it takes to offset the water in the bottle. Pretty much the same thing he's doing, his is just self contained.

[Image: LogoSM.jpg]
http://www.mpgsolutions.org
Authorized Scangauge II dealer
02-01-2008 11:51 AM