Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
efie- map/maf or o2
fixityourselfer Offline

efie- map/maf or o2
which is a better way to enhance a vehicle's computerized fuel injection:

an efie on the map/maf sensor,

or an efie on the o2 sensor??

does it make any difference, or are both methods equally fine?
06-18-2009 02:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: efie- map/maf or o2
This question get asked every couple weeks.

The oxygen sensor is the king of sensors and has the final word. If you need more help, then do the MAF/MAP, IAT, and CTS, but leave them all at small changes, leaving most of the work to the efie.

RE: MAF/MAP, for many vehicles, just a variable resistor on the MAF is all it takes to mod this sensor. The efie is usually just for O2's and is too expensive for MAP/MAF. See my Tuning for Mileage link for info on modding these sensors.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2009 02:56 PM by colchiro.)
06-18-2009 02:55 PM
fixityourselfer Offline

RE: efie- map/maf or o2
(06-18-2009 02:55 PM)colchiro Wrote:  This question get asked every couple weeks.

The oxygen sensor is the king of sensors and has the final word. If you need more help, then do the MAF/MAP, IAT, and CTS, but leave them all at small changes, leaving most of the work to the efie.

RE: MAF/MAP, for many vehicles, just a variable resistor on the MAF is all it takes to mod this sensor. The efie is usually just for O2's and is too expensive for MAP/MAF. See my Tuning for Mileage link for info on modding these sensors.

Thanks alot man, "tuning for mileage"really does rock. one of these days i'm gonna go thru the entire thing, regardless if its relevant to my car or not
06-19-2009 12:34 PM