Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
efie needed?
dpater47 Offline

efie needed?
is the efie needed when you install a hho system?
05-23-2008 03:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
syncromon Offline

RE: efie needed?
I would say "YES", but it depends on the vehicle...if you have an O2 sensor, you will most likely need an EFIE.

syncromon

dpater47 Wrote:is the efie needed when you install a hho system?
05-23-2008 06:46 AM
dpater47 Offline

syncromon Wrote:I would say "YES", but it depends on the vehicle...if you have an O2 sensor, you will most likely need an EFIE.

syncromon

dpater47 Wrote:is the efie needed when you install a hho system?

well,i guess then i'll add it and i know that mike has them already made up but i know that another company is making (lack of a better word a inline setup ) and you need one for each sensor.but i see no way to adjust it like the one's sold here.don't you have to have some control over the adjustment's ?
if you need to move this to the efie forum please do so and thank you for the reply.
05-23-2008 07:04 AM
mike Offline

I don't know of any inline oxygen sensor adjuster that doesn't adjust. Where did you see this? I'd be interested to see what it is.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-23-2008 04:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dpater47 Offline

mike Wrote:I don't know of any inline oxygen sensor adjuster that doesn't adjust. Where did you see this? I'd be interested to see what it is.

this is a quote from your site(the keyword you use is adjust)

An Electronic Fuel Injection Enhancer is used to adjust the signal from the oxygen sensor(s) before they get to the engine's computer to compensate for an increase in fuel efficiency brought about by another fuel efficiency device. The single version handles one oxygen sensor.
what i was asking was a product that eagle has that connect's inlineand say's in their ad:quote( no key word,adjust)

All you have to do is hook it up and drive!

The completely assembled EFIE connects directly to your oxygen sensor and is compatible with ALL oxygen sensors.

The EFIE allows you to retain all your power and performance while taking advantage of increased mileage. No matter what fuel saver device or method you use on your fuel injected vehicle, you'll need the EFIE to unleash the full potential of the fuel saver.

i just assumed from reading about your unit that some adjustment's are needed and your unit has a way to do this and the item eagle has does not or at least that's not what i am reading.now , i am not saying the either unit is bad,i am all for making things simple and if eagle ,who is a highly rated company,has simplied the system then i am intrested.i have emailed them and faxed them but have received no answer,that's why i contacted you.along with the fact you have the best forums around according to some one i talked at one of the hho company's.
so, if you look this over and let us know what you think?
again i could be reading it wrong but the word's "all you have to do is hook it up and drive"make's me think different.
there has to be a way to adjust it. thanks
05-24-2008 03:09 AM
colchiro Offline

From Eagle's website, "The EFIE connects directly to your oxygen sensor and is compatible with ALL oxygen sensors." ALL? I doubt that. $60 for a plain board, I think Mike's deal is better. Look at all the support you have here.

[Image: efie1a.jpg]

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2008 08:41 AM by colchiro.)
05-24-2008 08:40 AM
dpater47 Offline

colchiro Wrote:From Eagle's website, "The EFIE connects directly to your oxygen sensor and is compatible with ALL oxygen sensors." ALL? I doubt that. $60 for a plain board, I think Mike's deal is better. Look at all the support you have here.

[Image: efie1a.jpg]

well,not that i am going to buy it but the price drops the more you buy,but the reason for posting this was not about price but the fact that it says you just connect and drive and my post was asking mike ,how can this be ? i see no way to make adjustment's ,as with the unit mike offer's.that's what the post is about,that and how simple it is to hook up.lack of a better way to describe it"it's a plug and drive"
05-24-2008 09:00 AM
mike Offline

For the record, Eagle-Research's EFIE is just as good as mine. He puts his in a slightly different package. The designs of the circuit boards are almost identical. His EFIE must be adjusted to your car and has a pot on the board for doing so, the same as mine.

I am in close contact with George Wiseman, and we have discussed the different types of sensor. He is well aware that the EFIE (his or mine) will not work with AFR sensors. He has told me that he has had success using them on 5-wire wide bands. I think his advertisement of working on "all oxygen sensors", is just an outdated statement. I can tell you that George spends a LOT more time inventing than he does messing with his web site, and that if anyone brought this to his attention, he would modify it. He's an honest guy, and I would recommend him to anyone who was considering doing business with him.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-24-2008 09:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dpater47 Offline

mike Wrote:For the record, Eagle-Research's EFIE is just as good as mine. He puts his in a slightly different package. The designs of the circuit boards are almost identical. His EFIE must be adjusted to your car and has a pot on the board for doing so, the same as mine.

I am in close contact with George Wiseman, and we have discussed the different types of sensor. He is well aware that the EFIE (his or mine) will not work with AFR sensors. He has told me that he has had success using them on 5-wire wide bands. I think his advertisement of working on "all oxygen sensors", is just an outdated statement. I can tell you that George spends a LOT more time inventing than he does messing with his web site, and that if anyone brought this to his attention, he would modify it. He's an honest guy, and I would recommend him to anyone who was considering doing business with him.
mike ,does this fit in a box? if it still has to be put in the box,i would just as soon buy your's. i agree with you ,all reports say the same thing as you about george.
thanks for the reply
05-24-2008 12:16 PM
colchiro Offline

Your friendly neighborhood Radio Shack probably a box. I prefer to get Mike's deluxe model, already in a box.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-24-2008 01:41 PM