Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
efie report
jimmmmy1958 Offline

efie report
Hi guys, I would justlike to report that I have again scaled back my efie adjustment to 156mv because engine light kept coming on. Hopefully, it stays off now. I am not sure about fuel gains if any and am anxiously waiting on my scan guage to get here that measures mpg.If I find that raising my MV increases mpg,can I get more range by tweaking out IAT and/orMAF sensor? My super hydroxy unit supposed to be producing 1.5/2lpm and seems to be bubbling steady with 16 amps hot/8.25 cold. My gut feeling is that I am seeing little or no gains so far with efie and generator unit. I am going to switch to NAOH I think from 100% distilled vinegar,as I just got the flakes in. It sounds like I can tweak these units mentioined by using some ready available parts ie resistors and trim pot. thanks for any ideAS. jIM
06-06-2008 07:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: efie report
Your ScanGauge will not give you accurate mpg readings after you start modifying sensor data. It uses the oxygen sensor information in it's mileage calcs. When you start modifying that sensors' data, the mpg will not be accurate. The same goes for MAP/MAF handlings you may have done. The ScanGauge is excellent however in helping you adjust your sensors for maximum mileage as covered in Tuning For Mileage.

Yes, you can get more mileage from tweaking both the IAT and MAF. These will also likely let you adjust the EFIE further without throwing a code, getting even more gains. These things all work together. See the above doc.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-06-2008 10:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jksav7 Offline

I highly doubt your generator is producing anywhere near that much gas. You need to verify those production numbers for yourself. It seems that many of the units being offered commercially are big time underachievers in the gas-production category. Big numbers sell, and people aren't being honest. Sad.

Those here who have gotten results seem to be using generators that will produce around 1 LPM for every 10 amps drawn.

jimmmmy1958 Wrote:Hi guys, I would justlike to report that I have again scaled back my efie adjustment to 156mv because engine light kept coming on. Hopefully, it stays off now. I am not sure about fuel gains if any and am anxiously waiting on my scan guage to get here that measures mpg.If I find that raising my MV increases mpg,can I get more range by tweaking out IAT and/orMAF sensor? My super hydroxy unit supposed to be producing 1.5/2lpm and seems to be bubbling steady with 16 amps hot/8.25 cold. My gut feeling is that I am seeing little or no gains so far with efie and generator unit. I am going to switch to NAOH I think from 100% distilled vinegar,as I just got the flakes in. It sounds like I can tweak these units mentioined by using some ready available parts ie resistors and trim pot. thanks for any ideAS. jIM
06-06-2008 10:06 AM
jimmmmy1958 Offline

Hi Mike, Probally not much modifying data left to affect the scan guage,as I had to again back off now to 100MV with the effie to keep the CEL from coming on. The scan guage was recommended by the guy who sold me the Gen. He claims it is very accurate. I just want to get something for all my efforts. Thanks again, Jim
06-06-2008 12:09 PM
mike Offline

Don't get me wrong. The ScanGauge is valuable to you. It just won't give you accurate mpg readings because it uses the sensor's data that you're modifying. It uses the MAF and if you mod that sensor, it will skew the mpg results. It uses the o2 sensor, and therefore the EFIE will skew those results. Also HHO will skew the results.

However, that unit is super valueable when tuning your sensors. You can see exactly what effect a particular resistor value has, and can then (for instance) make your CTS show a 10 degree difference and know you have the correct resistor for that adjustment. You can read and clear codes. Man it's great to have. You just can't use the mpg readings.

Getting back to how low you're getting with the EFIE before the CEL comes on, you really do need to jump into modding the MAF or MAP (whichever you have), and the IAT sensor. Then re-try raising the EFIE. You should get double benefit. The EFIE will be able to go higher without CEL, and raising your MPG, and also the MAF and IAT handlings will also give you and increased MPG all by themselves.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-06-2008 11:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply