Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
efie varies with temperature change?
dj72amc Offline

efie varies with temperature change?
I have been monitoring the single efie I built and put in my car. The voltage varies about 100mv with outside temperature change. When the temp is in the 40's voltage is about 300mV and when its up in the 70's or higher the voltage is up in the low 400mV. This is all tested on the same 30 min trip back and forth to work only difference is the outside temperature no adjusting of the efie. What components would be causing the variance? The 555 timer or the c3 470uF cap is what I would think but does anybody else have any experience with this problem or any input?

Thanks Dave
04-28-2008 09:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: efie varies with temperature change?
The 555 timer is the one that varies with temperature. But you shouldn't have that much variation with those temperatures. My latest models have the voltage regulator surface mounted on the opposite side of the board to the 555 (which is also surface mounted), which causes the 555 to be warmed by the regulator. This has alleviated much of the problem. But even my earlier boards did not vary any where near that amount with temperature.

I suspect you have something else wrong there. Other than that, I've found that mounting the EFIE in the upper rear part of the engine compartment to be beneficial so that it will have the benefit of trapped engine heat.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-28-2008 04:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply