efie
volo
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
efie vs volo hho edition
bgojkovich Offline

efie vs volo hho edition
i would like to know what everyone thinks about the 2 devices? pro and cons kinda of thing...i know the volo is easier to install but had heard the efie will give you better mpgs
07-14-2012 05:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: efie vs volo hho edition
I've been manufacturing EFIEs for 5 years. When Volo first came out, I thought that my business was done. I've always thought that a good OBDD2 device was the correct way to correct air fuel ratios. However, after extensive testing I found out that Volo just isn't aggressive enough to do the job. Most people get some mileage gains from Volo, but some report no gains at all (I suspect at least some of these are installation errors, however).

But even properly installed Volo chips cannot match properly installed EFIEs on HHO systems. The EFIE can be tuned as needed to correct for the apparent lean condition caused by the HHO. The Volo can only do what it was programmed to do, and in all cases we've tested so far, this just isn't enough to get maximum mileage gains. My experience is that 15% to 20% is the best gains obtainable with the Volo, but 35%-50% with an EFIE.

I would love to hear some stories of better gains with a Volo.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
07-16-2012 08:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Farmer2 Offline

I have tried the VOLO and got zero results. I returned it for a full refund. I had it wired up correctly on my 00' Chevy Silverado 5.3. I am now using the EFIE and can control the outcome of my milage. I am in limbo right now due to the EFIE had to go back because it failed. Its failing because the status lights go out after 30 seconds the EFIE goes into its loop. I can watch the output from the EFIE to the CPU go from 680 to zero. Motor then dies.

My vote is EFIE all the way.
12-31-2012 05:45 AM
mike Offline

Hi Farmer, Did you get that EFIE looked into? I don't think I've ever heard of an EFIE that works part of the time, then fails. But if you have a malfunctioning EFIE from us, we'll certainly make it good for you.

Visit Our Documents Page
01-02-2013 10:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Farmer2 Offline

(01-02-2013 10:21 AM)mike Wrote:  Hi Farmer, Did you get that EFIE looked into? I don't think I've ever heard of an EFIE that works part of the time, then fails. But if you have a malfunctioning EFIE from us, we'll certainly make it good for you.

Found out this morning that it may be the "0" - "2.5" selector switch. I did not purchase from you guys. I bought this one before finding this forum / place. Nice place by the way! I will be around here more and let you know what I find out.
Thanks, Dave
01-02-2013 10:48 AM
mike Offline

Don't worry. We make those EFIEs despite who you bought it from, and will take care of it. Contact support@fuelsaver-mpg.com.

Visit Our Documents Page
01-02-2013 11:36 AM