Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
electric car here
fixityourselfer Offline

electric car here
have you seen this converted electric its a 1980 dodge omni.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Mak...0463557692

I wonder how difficult it would be to hook up a on-board generator on this type of setup to extend its range indefinitely, and what type of mileage it would get while driving like that.

generator charges battery which runs motor.

wouldn't that be a real cheap "chevy volt"?
08-21-2009 09:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: electric car here
Considering that you can see the ground thru the 6x6 inch hole under the foot pedal, I'd say it's more like Fred Flintstone's car. Wink

You'd need heavy lead acid deep discharge batteries, not cheap. I think you could do better. From what I could see, the engine is gone and that's where the batteries go so the way to extend it's range is to add more batteries (and weight).

I think you could do better. If you need more than 20 mile battery range, buy a 2005 Escape hybrid for $5,000 and have a real car.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
08-21-2009 01:39 PM
fixityourselfer Offline

(08-21-2009 01:39 PM)colchiro Wrote:  buy a 2005 Escape hybrid for $5,000 and have a real car.

is that the price for a 05 escape hybrid? aren't they more like $28,000+??
08-22-2009 07:39 PM
colchiro Offline

Sorry, I meant $7,000. http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f26/w...age-22443/

New ones are $30,000+

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
08-22-2009 09:59 PM
ailixhomes Offline

It is a good news for every car lovers. I would rather to take electric car as another option. It is very useful to save fuel as well get rid of hike price of petrol and diesel.

50cc scooter is very useful for get a mileage.
05-19-2012 01:41 PM
kerllycrueaz Offline

I agree with this, It is a great new for the car lovers. I love to use the electronic car instead of other fuel cars. There is no need of fuel in electronic car, we have to just charge it and we can ride in it. It saves money of fuel is well.

Lone Mountain Truck Leasing
05-29-2012 11:11 AM
ailixhomes Offline

(08-21-2009 01:39 PM)colchiro Wrote:  Considering that you can see the ground thru the 6x6 inch hole under the foot pedal, I'd say it's more like Fred Flintstone's car. Wink

You'd need heavy lead acid deep discharge batteries, not cheap. I think you could do better. From what I could see, the engine is gone and that's where the batteries go so the way to extend it's range is to add more batteries (and weight).

I think you could do better. If you need more than 20 mile battery range, buy a 2005 Escape hybrid for $5,000 and have a real car.

I am not totally agree with you that the information have been post in this thread is true or up to the Mark. As per my perception it is to be denoted as a unique Information about Electric Cars.

50cc scooter is very useful for get a mileage.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2012 08:26 AM by ailixhomes.)
06-01-2012 08:23 AM
hhofox Offline

Hi all. The electric car would be fine for places where electricity is cheap, but for Jamaica, NO WAY! Our electricity is generated using gas, so it is as expensive as can be. Based on that factor alone, someone here would have to be carzy to get such a car!
06-13-2012 10:52 AM
krishtswin Offline

An electric powered powered powered vehicle is a vehicle which values electric powered powered poweredal motors and motor controllers to power itself, instead of interior combustion engines that more usual petrol/diesel-powered vehicles use. Electric vehicles need to be re-charged approximately ever 150-250 miles, although this is their greatest life.

Mail Forwarding
07-12-2012 03:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jacobaarone Offline

Electric car is also used as an alternate of fuel car. It is packed up with battery and it is rechargeable. You can recharge it from service station or your home also. Electric car is not good for long journey.

new and used cars in doha qatar
07-20-2012 06:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply