Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
electrolytes
wallace Offline

electrolytes
i'm using baking soda electrolyte in my HHO cell and am slowly increasing the dosage to produce more HHO.

someone told me that baking soda produces CO2 and that I should use vinegar or kool aid as an electrolyte.

anyone care to comment on his recommendation?
11-04-2008 07:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Paulusgnome Offline

RE: electrolytes
Yes, baking soda does decompose under electrolysis into CO2 and NaOH. There are also numerous reports on this forum from people who have observed excessive corrosion of the stainless steel electrode plates when baking soda is used.
The tried and proven electrolytes are Sodium Hydroxide or Potassium Hydroxide.
There have been posts here from people using acetic acid (vinegar) with some success, but I have seen some suggestions that this too decomposes under electrolysis, releasing ethylene gas.
11-04-2008 12:00 PM
howiemandel Offline

now if we can just trap that co2, and convert it back to liquid fuel, man. I mean, it can be done, but could you imagine, a device boosting miles per gallon, and makes fuel as well........... unreal.
11-04-2008 12:27 PM
Mika Offline

Has anyone tried colloidal silver as an electrolyte? There was a dealer on ebay who sold colloidal silver as an "anti-freeze" electrolyte and said it would handle the freezing perfectly, its safe and very effective. Then they became greedy, stopped selling that fluid and said that from now on they will be offering that electrolyte only for those who buy their own full hho system...

Haven't thought about it much but I've heard that silver is the most conductive metal, so I quess it would be a pretty good electrolyte?
12-03-2008 12:20 PM