Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ethos
sean Offline

ethos
Has any one tried this stuff? I put 2oz in my 22 gallon tank with 22 gallons of gas and 4oz in my crankcase. On a trip yesterday my mileage went from 260-262 per tank to 183 miles on half a tank or 11 gallons. I cannot wait to see what mileage I get on the whole tank. It coasts about 56 dollars for 32ozs. That 32oz will treat 320 gallons.

BTW, Great Site!
07-12-2008 08:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rebel Offline

RE: ethos
Have not tried it myself but know of others that have and none are using it any more..... same thing with MPG Caps.... I tried them on my Caravan, got a nice increase in mileage, but when I checked my User Manual I found the mileage gain I thought I was getting was what the vehicle was supposed get in the first place. A good engine flush would have done the same thing...... Tried it on fairly new Chev Venture and it did nothing for the mileage at all.....

Let us know what your vehicle is and also check in the User Manual to see what mileage your vehicle should be getting City and Highway driving. I found with many of these products all they did was to clean out the carbon and crap from your engine and that restored it to the mileage it is supposed to get. A water vaporizer costing basically nothing will do the same job of cleaning out the engine, and may increase the mileage substantially as well...

I think the same scenario is happening with many of those experimenting with hydrogen.
The engines get cleaned out and everything stays the same.....

Keep us posted, I may be wrong...
07-12-2008 01:19 PM
Gary Offline

Read a bit before posting. That's what changed me from a skeptic to a believer. THEN I began to talk about it.
07-12-2008 05:42 PM
sean Offline

Gary Wrote:Read a bit before posting. That's what changed me from a skeptic to a believer. THEN I began to talk about it.

I was getting ready to put a Hydro system on my vehicles when I was introduced to Ethos. My truck is a 2007 Toyoto Tundra. It has less than 12000 miles on it so carbon build up is not an issue. I have only ever got 260-262 since the day I bought it. I got as little as 200 miles on a full tank pulling a trailer so 17MPG was great. The company Ethos has have many large trucking companies using it for years that get 10-12 percent better mileage consistently. I want to build a hydro unit in series like some of you have done to see if I can improve in further.
07-12-2008 06:01 PM
rebel Offline

Gary Wrote:Read a bit before posting. That's what changed me from a skeptic to a believer. THEN I began to talk about it.

?????? I have no idea what you are referring to by saying "Read a bit before posting" My posting does not mention skeptics or believers or any hint of such....... Were you directing that to me? or did you post in the wrong place?
07-12-2008 06:10 PM
Gary Offline

I directed that at you. Your post was great until you said "I think the same scenario is happening with many of those experimenting with hydrogen.
The engines get cleaned out and everything stays the same....."
I only see 3 reactions to HHO.
1.) Success
2.) Stays the same or lowers a bit from the computer
3.) MPG goes down from computer
I don't see anyone posting that they went from crappy to EPA ratings, as you inferred. From the tone of your post you infer that HHO doesn't work at all. The scenario you referred to was of things not working at all. Scams, etc. Perhaps you didn't intend that, I dunno. I just get tired of skeptics who don't study.

As for Ethos, I'd like to see some people's results with it, especially with v-8's.
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2008 03:51 AM by Gary.)
07-13-2008 03:50 AM
rebel Offline

Gary: My comments in body of your post....
Gary Wrote:I directed that at you. Your post was great until you said "I think the same scenario is happening with many of those experimenting with hydrogen.
The engines get cleaned out and everything stays the same....."
I did say "many of those experimenting" not everyone, there is a difference

I only see 3 reactions to HHO.
1.) Success
2.) Stays the same or lowers a bit from the computer
3.) MPG goes down from computer
I don't see anyone posting that they went from crappy to EPA ratings, as you inferred.

No, neither do I, why would they? That is because many people have no idea what their vehicle is supposed to get mileage wise in the first place and they post their "success" story giving their new MPG figures on their type of vehicle, model , etc etc. I normally "Google" that vehicle then and get the specs for that particular one and see that many have not even reached the vehicle's posted ratings.

From the tone of your post you infer that HHO doesn't work at all.
Don' know where you get that idea The scenario you referred to was of things not working at all. Scams, etc. Perhaps you didn't intend that, I dunno. I just get tired of skeptics who don't study.

Well, Gary, I monitor 6 different forums or groups, have for years and hydrogen generation is nothing new to me. Nearly 55 years ago I built my first hydrogen/oxygen electrolyser, separated the hydrogen from the oxygen, ran a lawn mower engine with gas tank disconnected, played around to see if I could do something with an old 4 cylinder engine, not much success with that. Used the gas for cooking and boiling water as an experiment. This was all done with power from a windmill and no electrolyte..... The "how to" all came from "studying books and articles" in magazines.... no Internet to look up things.
By the way I have run HOD on two vehicles in the past several years with reasonable success, nothing but the hydrogen generator, running, none of the additives (acetone, xylene, etc) that many are using with their HHO which does not give a true picture of HHO gains, etc

As for Ethos, I'd like to see some people's results with it, especially with v-8's. Buy some and try it, like I did with MPG caps to the tune of $500 or so. I was so impressed at first, that I started to sell it, until my customers reported no increase at all on new vehicles and the older vehicles all showed gains, which they could have got with a good engine cleaner as I stated before. By the way, I still have lots of caps left (Anybody want to try them?), because the company would not refund my money and did not return any emails regarding same.
Cheers....
07-13-2008 07:53 AM
Gary Offline

Heh, maybe I'd better get to know guys before trying to moderate any forums unasked: I'm the new guy here, sorta. I take in about 80 posts a night these last four months in a vapid crash course on all this technology if I'm not in the garage building stuff. You know as well as I that a lot of people don't read FAQ's or study at all but come onto these websites with their collective heads up their butts; evidently you're on the opposite end. My bad.
The paw is out; shake it?
07-13-2008 04:37 PM
colchiro Offline

Gary Wrote:My bad.

Awwwww.... just when I was about to get out the spanking stick.Blush

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-13-2008 05:12 PM
rebel Offline

Gary Wrote:Heh, maybe I'd better get to know guys before trying to moderate any forums unasked: I'm the new guy here, sorta. I take in about 80 posts a night these last four months in a vapid crash course on all this technology if I'm not in the garage building stuff. You know as well as I that a lot of people don't read FAQ's or study at all but come onto these websites with their collective heads up their butts; evidently you're on the opposite end. My bad.

OK Gary, I understand and what you say is true about many out there. There would be a lot fewer posts to look through if more took the time to do a bit of research. It is so easy now with the Internet and groups such as this.... Cheers and yep... no problem..shake.

and Hi Colchiro Big Grin
07-13-2008 05:53 PM