Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
exhaust heat gas
Bluefly Offline

exhaust heat gas
I was shown a fuel-saver device using exhaust heat to form gasoline into (vapor). The system caught my interest because of its simplicity and fuel savings; so I would like to theorize a system with you before any further action.

Pros and Cons......?

+Injecting gasoline (makes it easier to vaporize from a mass form) into a tube with hot exhaust feed (Co2) eliminates ignition.
-Co2/Vapor gas introduced into the Vacuum line causes high idle and choking of the engine.
+No noticeable difference when in drive except less pressure on accelerator and 45-50% gains.
-Don't like the idea of excess build-up in the engine or other components.

*hydrogen would help complete the burn... I think so.

I think I would prefer vaporizing with exhaust heat but with minimal Co2...
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2011 04:47 AM by Bluefly.)
02-20-2011 08:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: exhaust heat gas
I think mixing your fuel with exhaust is a bad idea. However, there are systems out there that use a heat exchanger to warm the fuel before it gets to the fuel injectors, but without actual contact between the fuel and the exhaust gasses. I would think that would be the better approach.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
02-21-2011 11:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bluefly Offline

Thanks for the positive vibes man...

*Concerning exhaust... much of the heavier/hotter particulates/(compounds) (C/Co2) will follow the hotter path while much of the lighter gaseous/particulates (elements) will follow the cooler path (EGR)…the better choice of exhaust to use > directed to a (wet scrub or dry filtering, combining chamber) to be brought back < to the egr filter.

Today, I took readings of 275-285 f @ the muffler/exhaust pipe surfaces.
02-22-2011 09:34 PM
Agur Offline

I do agree with mike , But please suggest me the systems that are using the heat exchanger to make hot the fuel .I nee ur help that what are those systems that might use methods to warmth the fuel before entering into injectors . Thanks

Vishal Bhatia
03-08-2011 10:43 PM
bsmart Offline

How about taking a length of copper tubing and wrapping it around your exhaust pipe near the header.......route your fuel supply line to one end of this tubing and the outlet from the copper route to the fuel line going to the fuel rail.

add a couple of hose clamps to hold the rubber hose to the copper line and you're done!
Pretty simple, easily done, and good heat transfer almost immediately after the engine is started!!
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2011 10:40 AM by bsmart.)
03-09-2011 10:39 AM
rpatzer Offline

You don't need heat to vaporize the fuel. Check out the Vaporizer 2000 or 5000. That will vaporize more fuel than the system can handle before becoming too rich. And there is no danger with this system. I have one (Vaporizer 2000) and it will get 10-15% increase, w/o EFIE, before it gets too rich. It comes with a solenoid switch which turns everything off with the key so there is no fuel pushed into the system. You will probably have to get a shrader valve for your source.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2011 08:13 PM by rpatzer.)
03-10-2011 08:11 PM
Bluefly Offline

Heat conduction by copper tube method as suggested … would work; although I think the continued heat would burn the fuel unnecessarily at times...ie; engine shut down... An 'On-Demand' Vaporizing Chamber would be preferably suitable.

*Vaporizing Chamber
1) All weather condition/protection (Stainless Steel)
2) Main chamber; multiple coils (start at bottom to top) *(280 f) low limit... with adjustable heat feed....?
*Careful considerations to excessive heat production.
*Cooling before entry point
3) (vacuum space surrounding main chamber) convection reducing/heat retention.
4) Automated injection mount.
5) Vapor/streaming plate (aluminum) ......placement...?
6) Blow-off valve (directed safely)
7) *Feed... multiple chk valves/ bubbler..* Screen (*NO mixing HHO in Vapor chamber*). H/HHO feed downstream if desired.
8) Relay, 555......?
9) *Cool Vapors before entry point. (pre-ignition concerns).
10) Stainless steel mesh wire

*Considerations
-I would think (due to additives in gasoline) * Octane potency –loss- may occur.... Hence, reintroducing liquids back to charcoal canister may prove beneficial.
-Spray misting will cool heating coil/coils. (backup coil heater for colder environments/heat adjusting).
-Heat feeding temperature range should be monitored.
-Octane levels stay compact under what pressure....?
-Using the EGR (minimally) would reduce the flash point while challenging to meet safe temperature range within the Vapor chamber, thus increasing the desire to making smaller vapor molecules.
-EGR introduces x amount....?

Please keep in mind that this is a theoretical approach for a Vapor System and that continued theory is being updated as there are variables that weren't considered beforehand.

*decided to have an EGR adjustment valve and up temperatures to 375 F
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2011 07:19 AM by Bluefly.)
03-11-2011 04:40 AM
creepyjon Offline

Trying to vaporize gas is hard to do because most people don't realize gas is at least 27 separate chemicals and vaporizes at 27 different rates. Here's a fun test to prove this, take a gallon of gas in your typical red carrying can. Mark where the top of the gas is with a magic marker. Leave the top off for one day and let the light stuff evaporate. Check where how far down the gas level goes, it will only be about 10%. What's left is BAD gas, so why is our gas 90% crap??!!!! So basically only 10% of gas easily vaporizes, the rest is hard to manage. If you get any gains from vaporizing it's only the light stuff which is easy to vaporize. You have basically two choices, kerosene which is chemical more pure, and it burns don't it! Here's a hint, it's very close to what they put in aircraft so it will run a spark plug style internal combustion engine. OR follow the geet fuel cracking stuff which is starting to make a comeback lately with some companies in france using similar technology in their cars. Downside to the geet stuff is it's very advanced and hard to get working without a very sound fundamental understanding of the concept.

Here's something else for you, the tom ogle car didn't run on pump gas. He cheated and used well head gas, and that's part of why his system never got out there. Other than the oil companies would have made life very miserable for him if he did. He passed on too soon and took too many secrets with him. I've read his patent, and he put in one wrong thing, and left out one thing that makes it work on purpose. Without replicating the whole patent as a whole it would be too hard to figure out, but not being able to get pure gas would make it not worth replicating in the first place.
03-17-2011 01:17 PM
Bluefly Offline

Thank you for the insight...

My system is addressing your concerns.

-Advancement is undoubtedly a necessity towards a brighter future.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2011 08:21 AM by Bluefly.)
03-23-2011 04:43 AM
andrrewdamien Offline

Exhaust Gas heat exchangers can also be used to decrease the exhaust heat range in applications running in dangerous conditions where for protection factors it is necessary to decrease heat range of the exhaust gases.

non slip adhesive tape
06-13-2012 06:04 AM