Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
first test results on 95 Saturn SL2 1.9L 5 speed - 40% gain - UPDATE 7-26 - 45 MPG
CraigBMM Offline

first test results on 95 Saturn SL2 1.9L 5 speed - 40% gain - UPDATE 7-26 - 45 MPG
i got my computer controller in to lean the gasoline mix
and installed it yesterday

i had a bad O2 sensor so i had to replace that today . i did a milage test today and the results were good

this design is based on wulfs design , hail to thee wulfmeister our fearless leader!

drum roll pleeeease

oh the suspense!

ok ok ... wont keep you all waiting
35 miles to the gallon!

in the city! Smile . that was mainly city driving.
normally this car would get around 25 mpg city

so a 40% gain .. its a start , i am going to be testing the HHO gas output tomorrow . and maybe adding a generator to the mix or modifying the setup to improve on this , which i think is very possible
with the new computer control knobs i installed i can lean the gasoline/air mixture way down .. to the point i can make the car stall . so adding more HHO gas should bring better results .. to a point tho .. at a certain point it starts to take more amperage than you can get in gains and the mpg starts to decline .. so i need to find that point.

i'm guessing right now i would get close to 45 - 50 mpg on the hiway

i just made my own Hybrid for $150 that runs on water!
will keep you posted .

Craig

heres my setup - 95 Saturn SL2 1.9 L 5 speed manual , 170 k miles
before HHO - 38 mpg Hiway / 25 ish mpg City

2 gens , 1 to pcv , 1 to air intake
the pcv gen has a air relief bubbler that i run open alot
releaving the vacuum pressure takin in by the pcv

no check valve , no external bubbler , each gas line runs through
copper tubbing over the exhust manifold to heat the HHO before entering the system

gen designs
pcv gen - 2 SS plates spaced .5 inch apart
air intake gen - 3 SS condiment cups , 1 pos , middle neutral , 1 neg.
electrolyte - 1/2 teaspoon NaHO with 32 oz distilled water
amps pulling - dont know but running both off 20 amp fuse ok

Efie o2 , map controller combo , 2 270 degree knobs for adjustment inside the car for tuning o2 and map sensors. adjusted the map first with HHO on (warmed up), leaned it out , then the o2 . o2 took awhile for the adjustments to work , voltage needs to settle i heard s its like turn it a bit wait like 5 min . its not stalling the car like the map control will so its harder to tell on the o2 . but the car started pinging and i just turned it till it stopped pinging. then map has a setting it likes best in city .. 12 oclock , then on hiway i can turn it down a bit more leaning it out a little bit more.

yes i do believe the o2 sensor i had in the car was not working because i never heard this car ping before replacing the o2 sensor and adding the efie controller. so before it was probably running rich with a bad o2 sensor. and the computer just bypassed it doing its own thing. not any more baaabyy! i have it by the throoooat now! mr computer obey meee! thank you sir thank you very much indeed

[Image: IMG_0007.jpg]
[Image: My95Saturn2.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0003.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0004.jpg]

UPDATE - 7-26
well i ran a hiway test today , i found out this morning that one of my hoses was kinked at the pcv going into the manifold , so hardly any HHO was able to go in there! i fixed the kink problem then ran a hiway milage test . before the results posted up top were basically running on one gen to the air cleaner intake due to the kinked air hose on the pcv intake , so a 40% gain in the city using only 1 gen on the air intake

now the results on the hiway using both gens one gen going to pcv one gen going to air cleaner intake .

45 mpg hiway Smile , and i believe this can even improve due to the pcv gen not producing gas well right now . i'm going to modify it or add a 3rd gen and tie it in to the pcv intake along with the existing gen . todays results are very promising , i noticed i could turn my map controller even more leaner with the second gen working unkinked. so this tells me its allowing me to lean it out more with the better HHO flow. so adding a better gen setup or more HHO with a 3rd gen should even get better results.

will keep you posted

Craig
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2008 03:13 PM by CraigBMM.)
07-24-2008 09:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jksav7 Offline

RE: first test results on 95 Saturn SL2 1.9L 5 speed - 40% gain
Congrats! I didn't see how much gas you're making and at what current?

The '95 is an OBDI, unlike my '96 OBDII. I haven't seen any gains yet..
07-25-2008 03:59 AM
howiemandel Offline

Wahooo!! Good job Craig. I still cant get much better then what im getting now, even after trying everything.
Using same setup as Craig And Wulfram I went from 15mpg to 27 MPG. 3mpg short of 100%. Tried everything, air, plugs... just not gonna happen.
At any rate, Craig got what I would call a Fairly BIG boost.
One gen to the Airbox, one to the Throttle Body area and whammo, you should get 40-70% increase .
Ack one thing, at my 27 MPG thats without an EFIE. Perhaps i should order it, maybe that WILL get me my elusive 100% mileage increase!.
Anyways congrats Craig
07-25-2008 07:33 AM
hydrodine Offline

howiemandel Wrote:Wahooo!! Good job Craig. I still cant get much better then what im getting now, even after trying everything.
Using same setup as Craig And Wulfram I went from 15mpg to 27 MPG. 3mpg short of 100%. Tried everything, air, plugs... just not gonna happen.
One gen to the Airbox, one to the Throttle Body area and whammo, you should get 40-70% increase .
Ack one thing, at my 27 MPG thats without an EFIE. Perhaps i should order it, maybe that WILL get me my elusive 100% mileage increase!.
Anyways congrats Craig

If you have a saturn getting 15 mpg you got some serious issues with the car. I get 32 running the a/c and no hho.
07-25-2008 09:32 AM
skiers4ever Offline

Congrats Craig! John

2007 Honda Ridgeline 3.5L 4WD
Hydro Super 2 installed on 5/21/08
Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
07-25-2008 10:28 AM
CraigBMM Offline

hydrodine Wrote:
howiemandel Wrote:Wahooo!! Good job Craig. I still cant get much better then what im getting now, even after trying everything.
Anyways congrats Craig

If you have a saturn getting 15 mpg you got some serious issues with the car. I get 32 running the a/c and no hho.

naaa howie runs a 3.3 l v 6 caravan dodge i believe
07-25-2008 11:09 AM
howiemandel Offline

lol. Craigs correct. 1999 GRAND caravan piglet. 15 miles per gallon, no matter which way you point it. now I get 10 MPG more constant, that means i drive it like i always have, like could care. If i drive it with some respect i'll get 12mpg more. The set up that nets me an 8mpg net, im liking better and can be easily moved around from car to car.
Oh, Craig, did the efie actually help? Im not getting any lights and the cars mileage is stayin the same after about 80 gallons. Im not so much concerned, as im wondering if it'll give me that elite 100% in this car.
07-25-2008 01:27 PM
CraigBMM Offline

howiemandel Wrote:lol. Craigs correct. 1999 GRAND caravan piglet. 15 miles per gallon, no matter which way you point it. now I get 10 MPG more constant, that means i drive it like i always have, like could care. If i drive it with some respect i'll get 12mpg more. The set up that nets me an 8mpg net, im liking better and can be easily moved around from car to car.
Oh, Craig, did the efie actually help? Im not getting any lights and the cars mileage is stayin the same after about 80 gallons. Im not so much concerned, as im wondering if it'll give me that elite 100% in this car.

well since i had to replace a bad o2 sensor i'm not too sure if its better or not .. i think when i was running it before without efie and map controller i had the bad o2 sensor and it was prob still running too rich due to the computer bypassing the o2 and doing its own mix on the fuel/air because it was bad.

i do know that before efie and map controls i had no gain .. actually was getting worse milage. so it was running too rich

be interesting test to run it now without efie or map controler but on my efie map combo there is no way to switch to normal mode .. i'd have to disconnect it .. which i prob wont do

i would say howie if your going to add a o2 and maf (think your van uses maf sensor) i'd get a combo unit where you can tweek both .. with a shutoff to use the cars normal settings. the thing with the maf and o2 controlers are you can get the car very very lean .. which when adding HHO is getting it back to a good operating mix of gasoline and air/HHO mix for a good combustion. so when you add the HHO to the air it runs too rich , with controllers your just trying to bring it back to a good combustion point and reducing gasoline/air ratio
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2008 01:46 PM by CraigBMM.)
07-25-2008 01:40 PM
wulfram Offline
Hauptmann Hydro

Hey Craig,
Will be responding your PM's probably tomorrow sometime. Don't have much time right now tonight to do much of anything (getting up really early tomorrow).
Anyway, glad to see you using the copper tubing as well! Try to spread the word on that trick as it does help ...alot.

My mother's Saturn is clocking at 56 MPG highway right now, and that's without an air intake line yet. (I currently only have the air intake lines on mine and my wife's).

cheers mate.
07-25-2008 05:51 PM
CraigBMM Offline

wulfram Wrote:Hey Craig,
Will be responding your PM's probably tomorrow sometime. Don't have much time right now tonight to do much of anything (getting up really early tomorrow).
Anyway, glad to see you using the copper tubing as well! Try to spread the word on that trick as it does help ...alot.

My mother's Saturn is clocking at 56 MPG highway right now, and that's without an air intake line yet. (I currently only have the air intake lines on mine and my wife's).

cheers mate.

where are you from wulf? Smile i hear that british or Aussie accent .. aaah mate .. AUSSIE AUUUSSIE AUSSIE! haha

anyway wow wulf you need to come work on my car man .. anything you touch turns to gold! Smile 56 mpg ! wow only to pcv? 1 small mason jar gen ? thats good man . please go into detail on your setup again

plate design ?
how many gens? size?
no check valve or bubbler i supppose eh?
no efie or map control on your mums car? wow
tin foil wrap on the o2 sensor?
did you use the copper tubing?
air relief bubbler on the gen ? and its open for good outside air flow intake like like yours?
man i'm curious as to why your getting such good results all the time
your mothers Saturn .. hmm what mpg was she getting before? 38 ish hiway?

all hail the wulfmeister!! say it with me peeeople . hail wulllllfmeisteeeer
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2008 10:25 PM by CraigBMM.)
07-25-2008 10:12 PM