Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
first test results on 95 Saturn SL2 1.9L 5 speed - 40% gain - UPDATE 7-26 - 45 MPG
jksav7 Offline

RE: first test results on 95 Saturn SL2 1.9L 5 speed - 40% gain
Wulfram,

What Saturn is that and what year? I'm always interested in what people are doing to their Saturns when they're getting results.

wulfram Wrote:Hey Craig,
Will be responding your PM's probably tomorrow sometime. Don't have much time right now tonight to do much of anything (getting up really early tomorrow).
Anyway, glad to see you using the copper tubing as well! Try to spread the word on that trick as it does help ...alot.

My mother's Saturn is clocking at 56 MPG highway right now, and that's without an air intake line yet. (I currently only have the air intake lines on mine and my wife's).

cheers mate.
07-26-2008 03:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jksav7 Offline

I did a little search and found that it is a '95. OBDI seems to be the ticket with these Saturns.
07-26-2008 03:57 AM
colchiro Offline

Many of the best results are on the older cars.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-26-2008 05:19 AM
hydrodine Offline

howiemandel Wrote:lol. Craigs correct. 1999 GRAND caravan piglet. 15 miles per gallon, no matter which way you point it. now I get 10 MPG more constant, that means i drive it like i always have, like could care. If i drive it with some respect i'll get 12mpg more. The set up that nets me an 8mpg net, im liking better and can be easily moved around from car to car.
Oh, Craig, did the efie actually help? Im not getting any lights and the cars mileage is stayin the same after about 80 gallons. Im not so much concerned, as im wondering if it'll give me that elite 100% in this car.

Thats excellent! My wife drives a 94 grand caravan, i quess i need to get a cell for her, after not having much luck with the saturn, i quess i need to try another vehicle.
07-26-2008 05:56 AM
wulfram Offline
Hauptmann Hydro

CraigBMM Wrote:where are you from wulf? Smile i hear that british or Aussie accent .. aaah mate .. AUSSIE AUUUSSIE AUSSIE! haha

anyway wow wulf you need to come work on my car man .. anything you touch turns to gold! Smile 56 mpg ! wow only to pcv? 1 small mason jar gen ? thats good man . please go into detail on your setup again

plate design ?
how many gens? size?
no check valve or bubbler i supppose eh?
no efie or map control on your mums car? wow
tin foil wrap on the o2 sensor?
did you use the copper tubing?
air relief bubbler on the gen ? and its open for good outside air flow intake like like yours?
man i'm curious as to why your getting such good results all the time
your mothers Saturn .. hmm what mpg was she getting before? 38 ish hiway?

all hail the wulfmeister!! say it with me peeeople . hail wulllllfmeisteeeer

haha.. actually, I'm German-Amerikan. Smile Do alot of traveling though.
On my mom's saturn... 32 oz. two plate, two bolt design (I have a 4 plate two bolt on mine now); installed only to the PCV; no check valve, no computer mods, no tin foil -yet (may be trying mike's EFIE on it if it does good on the explorer), no copper tubing, air relief bubbler on gen -Yes.
I don't know what my mom's saturn got in MPG before the gen, she never did any official test. She did note however that she now gets an average 40 more miles to a quarter tank. I had to do the official after-install test myself, and then she did a secondary test a week later which revealed better than mine (probably because HHO cleans out the engine after a while).

I've been very busy lately (traveling and tending to family matters) and haven't had too much time to modify her or my dad's setup; but I plan on installing the copper line and separate generator line to her Saturn soon.
07-28-2008 06:12 PM
tgparker Offline

RE: first test results on 95 Saturn SL2 1.9L 5 speed - 40% gain - UPDATE 7-26 - 45 MPG
I have a ’97 Saturn SW1. I'm interested in any HHO info, kits, plans that are most suitable for '97 Saturn SW1 1.9L SOHC. I'd also like to connect with anyone actually has an HHO runing on an S-Series Saturn.
Thanks,
TG
11-30-2013 09:34 PM