Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
flashback arrestor
timfost85 Offline

flashback arrestor
When installing a fuel vapor/hydrocarbon cracking system using PCV vacuum, copper pipe and bubbler, should I also install a flashback arrestor? Also, what makes the best bubbler?

Thanks,

Tim
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2014 11:11 AM by timfost85.)
03-26-2014 08:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rpatzer Offline

RE: flashback arrester
(03-26-2014 08:24 PM)timfost85 Wrote:  When installing a fuel vapor/hydrocarbon cracking system using PCV vacuum, copper pipe and bubbler, should I also install a flashback arrester? Also, what makes the best bubbler?

Thanks,

Tim

I have a fuel vaporizer (MPG) and I don't use a flashback arrester. I plan to convert to a bubbler, to test it out, and in the past with same set up I also didn't use an arrester then.
03-30-2014 05:13 PM
timfost85 Offline

I have a fuel vaporizer (MPG) and I don't use a flashback arrester. I plan to convert to a bubbler, to test it out, and in the past with same set up I also didn't use an arrester then.
[/quote]

I realize that most people don't, but I'm concerned about the what-ifs. HHO uses water and only converts what is immediately used. Fuel vaporizers have gasoline with fuel vapors leading to it. The latter seems like an erupting volcano under the hood if the engine backfires.
04-04-2014 10:14 AM
timfost85 Offline

Might a bubbler be a good option? Anyone with experience? I also wonder if the water in a bubbler would evaporate too quickly as the heated vapors agitate it. Or might additional humidity be beneficial and help MPG (a kind of quasi-water vaporizer)?
05-02-2014 08:44 AM