Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ford focus 2001 downstream o2 sensor
ohad Offline

ford focus 2001 downstream o2 sensor
hi,
as far as i know ford focus 2001 1.6l suppose to have two o2 sensors one upstream and one downstream of the catalitic convertor .i'm trying to locate my downsream o2 sensor but i cant find him, i looked all over the exhout line without success.

thanks
ohad
03-10-2012 07:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: ford focus 2001 downstream o2 sensor
(03-10-2012 07:44 AM)ohad Wrote:  hi,
as far as i know ford focus 2001 1.6l suppose to have two o2 sensors one upstream and one downstream of the catalitic convertor .i'm trying to locate my downsream o2 sensor but i cant find him, i looked all over the exhout line without success.

thanks
ohad

Try looking on the cat. Sometimes they are on the cat, rather than an exhaust pipe.

Maybe it's somewhere that you can't see it. In that case, you can get a wiring diagram and locate the wire up by the computer. That's usually where I access the sensor wires anyway. But you have to have a diagram to do it. See this article: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/wiring-diagrams

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-11-2012 05:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ohad Offline

i looked the cat and nothing.

anyway i'll try your suggestion, i found the wiring diagram but i need help to understand it,
i dont know which one is the wire that i need to look at the computer? the upstream sensor wire i found by cheking the signal from the connector under the hood.
how can i upload a photo?.
03-12-2012 01:40 PM
mike Offline

send it to support@fuel-saver.org . I'll have a look at it for you.

Visit Our Documents Page
03-13-2012 07:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ohad Offline

hi,
i check with a mechanic and he told me that in this model(european) there is only one upstream o2 sensor. i already installed the efie on it. in my adjusting like written in the installation document i started at 200 mlv then i started to increasing slowly, only on 415mlv the car lost power, and in 380 it worked good again. i read that 350 is already high so i adjust it to 350 for beginning, waiting for results.
q: i need also a maf enhecher or the efie is enough? when i search the internet i found many opinions a bout it, it hard to tell what is a better solution.
some one have experiences with ford maf (6 wires)? cutting the ground and add resistance will do the work?
03-20-2012 10:35 AM
mike Offline

See the email. I answered this in the email you sent.

Visit Our Documents Page
03-20-2012 12:43 PM