Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
gas4free is a scam***
Gary Offline

RE: gas4free is a scam***
Incidentally, I notice that when running enough amps for a breaker to nearly trip, the insulation on my #10 wire spade connectors begins to melt. This indicates too much amperage for even a ten gauge wire using spades, which I think are poor to begin with. They're okay for carrying low amp loads though; we used them all over motorcycles...but usually bolted the bigger connections.
10-31-2008 02:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wulfram Offline
Hauptmann Hydro

bikerted Wrote:Has anyone tried the gas4free hho generator? I built the complete unit & when I connect to my battery, the electrolite burns up/turns dark brown in about 45 seconds! Also there is a very high draw on the alternator/rpms drop. And the pos & neg terminals get red hot, have to disconnect imediatley. Other than that, I get hho the hole 45 seconds. Also I can only get 77 pages of book 2, which dont help at all! Tried tech support 3 times now W/no results. Mad

It's a total scam, mate. Wink
Just the look of the website (gas4free.com) is enough to hint at that. One trait most scammers have in common here is that they'll promise everyone the same results. Now, with all the different vehicles and sensors out there... how can they promise anything at all?

You'll find from most posts on this forum (and hundreds of vids on youtube) that you can easily construct a good HHO cell for under $70.
And at least with your own hard work involved, you know you're not being conned.
11-01-2008 03:37 PM
abe Offline

wulfram Wrote:
bikerted Wrote:Has anyone tried the gas4free hho generator? I built the complete unit & when I connect to my battery, the electrolite burns up/turns dark brown in about 45 seconds! Also there is a very high draw on the alternator/rpms drop. And the pos & neg terminals get red hot, have to disconnect imediatley. Other than that, I get hho the hole 45 seconds. Also I can only get 77 pages of book 2, which dont help at all! Tried tech support 3 times now W/no results. Mad

It's a total scam, mate. Wink
Just the look of the website (gas4free.com) is enough to hint at that. One trait most scammers have in common here is that they'll promise everyone the same results. Now, with all the different vehicles and sensors out there... how can they promise anything at all?

You'll find from most posts on this forum (and hundreds of vids on youtube) that you can easily construct a good HHO cell for under $70.
And at least with your own hard work involved, you know you're not being conned.

I also tryed the Gas4free system. I burnt three units up,I incressed the wire size to a point the power melted the bolts throught the plexeglass. I throught it in the trash and got a refund. they are true to there word and will give you refund. After reading a few post on this site I tryed to make one of my own. To my suprise it realy does work(to my suprise) I did reuse the stanless steel but it needs a lot more water to stay cool. I used a 6x6x4 box I found at Lowes. I am useing 1 teaspoon of NaHO (drain cleaner) in a gallon or water.I replaced the door on my box whith a piece of plexeglass so I can see what happens inside.I also useing 1/4 x 3 ( +&-)in Bolts through my unit (driled through the glass)used O ring and stanless washer to seal the hole.now I connect to these out side with wing nuts and no.8 wire Irun this for 8 Hours now and it starts at 5 ampsand goes to 10 when run for about 6 Hr. at 120 degrees. I'm happy with this.Hope it helps some of you. Dont through away your stanless.
11-06-2008 04:49 PM
abe Offline

I have sense scraped this and went to a dry cell. Less trouble!
12-03-2008 02:28 PM
Gas4Free Offline

Hi there. Most folks are having trouble with the salt mix in the hydrolyzer. The salt additive is just for the winter as stated in the ebooks. But the problem lies in the mix. As of now, we only recommend 6 TBLS of windshield washer fluid and only for the winter season. If you never see those kinda temps then Hydrogen Peroxide is all you need. If you are a current gas4free customer then visit our support site as MANY things have been added. You will need your username and password.

I will be adding an updating the design slightly (the marine cables to a buss bar) soon and it will be a file that you can get from our download section. Thanks

BTW, we don't claim everyone WILL get the same results of fuel savings. Remember, all cars are different and the upkeep has a lot to do with the end results. If you never maintain your car and try to add one of these devices, you will never see good results. If I were full of it; why would I be posting on this forum??? Sorry friend, but no bull here...
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2008 05:34 PM by Gas4Free.)
12-06-2008 05:33 PM
abe Offline

Gas4Free Wrote:Hi there. Most folks are having trouble with the salt mix in the hydrolyzer. The salt additive is just for the winter as stated in the ebooks. But the problem lies in the mix. As of now, we only recommend 6 TBLS of windshield washer fluid and only for the winter season. If you never see those kinda temps then Hydrogen Peroxide is all you need. If you are a current gas4free customer then visit our support site as MANY things have been added. You will need your username and password.

I will be adding an updating the design slightly (the marine cables to a buss bar) soon and it will be a file that you can get from our download section. Thanks

BTW, we don't claim everyone WILL get the same results of fuel savings. Remember, all cars are different and the upkeep has a lot to do with the end results. If you never maintain your car and try to add one of these devices, you will never see good results. If I were full of it; why would I be posting on this forum??? Sorry friend, but no bull here...

Vic On page 218 and 219 you say to add 5 tablespones of salt per 500 ml of plain bottle water. It does not say only in winter conditions.
12-06-2008 06:25 PM
Gary Offline

Salt? SALT???
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2008 08:01 PM by Gary.)
12-06-2008 07:59 PM
wulfram Offline
Hauptmann Hydro

Gary Wrote:Salt? SALT???

That's right mate! Get with the times ... chlorine gas is the new ecstasy. Big Grin
12-08-2008 10:15 PM
Gas4Free Offline

You are correct about the last version. The latest version has been corrected. You can download it from the support site.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2008 05:38 PM by Gas4Free.)
12-09-2008 05:37 PM
jrobillard Offline

Gas4Free is a total waste of time and money. The system built according to the plans draws an enormous amount of current. Good luck trying to get in touch with them for technical support. I have tried many times with ZERO responses. I believe in this technology, because my Gas4Free unit actually does produce hydrogen for about 15 seconds before the current blows the fuse or the heat boils it over. I would like to hear from anyone who has successfully built and installed one of these units. By the way, if anyone from Gas4Free is reading this thread, how about contacting me here since I am clearly not going to get a response from you through the website.
02-20-2009 06:49 AM