Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
gas4free scam or good?
bargaincrusader Offline

gas4free scam or good?
Hello
Purchased a gas4free plan and have come across issues in the instructions preventing us from starting to build. Namely stainless steel plate sizes wrong. Also one vendor of the polycarbonate will not sell us anything because we mentioned the name gas4free.
So we have emailed them and received no replies, anyone have results with this company, or should I be contacting credit card company for chargeback?
thanks
10-13-2008 10:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
clickhere255 Offline

RE: gas4free scam or good?
i am in the exact same place as you.
i ordered the books, but first of all i only got one!!
i have done research and they rarely ever reply to any emails.
get you money back if you can.
the info is nice to start with, but the best thing to do is to figure it out yourself and from help
from people like this site.
you have to go to http://www.clickbank.com to get your money back.
thats the only way.
and they probably wont give it to you unless you tell them you are alerting the athorities to a scam.

sorry Sad

92 honda civic hatchback 30-34mpg before install.
Got my BB smack!
just working out the kninks
11-09-2008 12:30 PM
jnickless Offline

Wink RE: gas4free scam or good?
I initially had the same experience that everyone else has had from gas4free. I still have not gotten an answer for any emails I have sent them. I could not get anyone to sell the polycarbonate to me either on line or locally (Columbus, Ga.). I finally did a search with google and found many places that will sell with no questions asked. A 12" x 24" cost me $28 including shipping. As for the max cell, I went to the site http://www.metalsupermarkets.com and got a telephone number for one of their distributors in Alabama. When I called the number I talked with a guy that new exactally what I was looking for and he already had the stainless steel plates cut to size and was willing to mount them for me. It cost a little more, but was well worth it. For about $60 I got the max cell Fedexed to me and all I had to do is connect the terminal wires. Making the polycarbonate box is a little tedious, but I love working with plastic so it was really a treat for me. I followed the instructions as closely as possible and have a good unit that checks out electronically and with no leaks. The guy I got the max cell from says that he has built 3 and they all work well. He said that he put one on his dad's truck and his millage went from 16 mpg to 26 mpg. He has one on his truck, but is waiting for the EFIE unit.

If I were you I would go ahead and try to built the unit. I think it will work. Mine will end up costing me about $300 by the time I get the EFIE which is all I lack. This includes the cost of the plans.

In the meantime you might want to try putting some acetone in you gas tank. I have found that it adds about 5 mpg to my mileage. I have been using 2 oz/10 gal of gas. It works great in my turck (Suburban) but does nothing for my wife's Sebring. I would recomment that you google that subject before you do it and get all the info. Hope that this has been helpful to someone out there.
11-10-2008 05:27 AM
howiemandel Offline

I think I have seen, roughly 1 good comment against every 9 bad comment when it comes to all those scammy looking gas4free sites. If it looks, and talks like, it probally is.
Again, just going by whats in front of me, regarding it being a crappy, advertised EVERYWHERES site, all the bad comments. Its a scam. Hey. The guy might be too busy, he might mean well, might even be the best person in the world. HOwever, the end result is the same.

Scam.
11-10-2008 08:39 AM
trader rick Offline

Mad I've been having the same results with these idiots. I tried to register to email them and I keep getting the error message "invalid username or password". I'm entering what they gave me!
When I try to email them without it, I get an autoresponse saying "unable to create ticket" you are required to register. And I go around and around and around..... I sent an email to the pre-purchase address and never got a response. I have just requested my money back from Clickbank. I'll let you know how that turns out.
Are there similar experiences out there?
12-05-2008 06:53 AM
trader rick Offline

Smile I wanted to tell everyone that I was pleasantly surprised when I received an email from clickbank (http://www.clickbank.com) the same day I submitted a requested for a refund telling me that my refund had been processed. The next morning I got an email from paypal confirming that I had gotten a full refund. So my suggestion to all you out there fed up with chasing these idiots at gas4free around is just deal with clickbank.
12-06-2008 06:10 AM
tohmahak Offline

Speaking of contacting the authorities to signal a scam, I've orderer for over 300$ of video on free energy at
http://www.lightworksav.com
this summer...As far as of today they wont respond to my email and they havent sent half the stuff I've paid for....very frustrating.

So I was wondering on how to report this so that I can have or my money back or the stuff I bought... anyone can help?
02-04-2009 08:18 AM
jrobillard Offline

(11-10-2008 05:27 AM)jnickless Wrote:  I initially had the same experience that everyone else has had from gas4free. I still have not gotten an answer for any emails I have sent them. I could not get anyone to sell the polycarbonate to me either on line or locally (Columbus, Ga.). I finally did a search with google and found many places that will sell with no questions asked. A 12" x 24" cost me $28 including shipping. As for the max cell, I went to the site http://www.metalsupermarkets.com and got a telephone number for one of their distributors in Alabama. When I called the number I talked with a guy that new exactally what I was looking for and he already had the stainless steel plates cut to size and was willing to mount them for me. It cost a little more, but was well worth it. For about $60 I got the max cell Fedexed to me and all I had to do is connect the terminal wires. Making the polycarbonate box is a little tedious, but I love working with plastic so it was really a treat for me. I followed the instructions as closely as possible and have a good unit that checks out electronically and with no leaks. The guy I got the max cell from says that he has built 3 and they all work well. He said that he put one on his dad's truck and his millage went from 16 mpg to 26 mpg. He has one on his truck, but is waiting for the EFIE unit.

If I were you I would go ahead and try to built the unit. I think it will work. Mine will end up costing me about $300 by the time I get the EFIE which is all I lack. This includes the cost of the plans.

In the meantime you might want to try putting some acetone in you gas tank. I have found that it adds about 5 mpg to my mileage. I have been using 2 oz/10 gal of gas. It works great in my turck (Suburban) but does nothing for my wife's Sebring. I would recomment that you google that subject before you do it and get all the info. Hope that this has been helpful to someone out there.

Like you, I had to locate part suppliers that were not in the plans. Easy enough. Did you get the unit to work as the plans dictate? I am also in GA, (Ringgold). I have built the unit but only have blown fuses to show for it
02-20-2009 01:41 PM
morempg Offline

GET YOUR MONEY BACK ASAP!
I spent 250.00 building the system, alot of time and frustration. I have the system working but am getting NO increased mpg. It does not work!!!
02-26-2009 12:19 PM
uberhho Offline

(11-10-2008 05:27 AM)jnickless Wrote:  I initially had the same experience that everyone else has had from gas4free. I still have not gotten an answer for any emails I have sent them. I could not get anyone to sell the polycarbonate to me either on line or locally (Columbus, Ga.). I finally did a search with google and found many places that will sell with no questions asked. A 12" x 24" cost me $28 including shipping. As for the max cell, I went to the site http://www.metalsupermarkets.com and got a telephone number for one of their distributors in Alabama. When I called the number I talked with a guy that new exactally what I was looking for and he already had the stainless steel plates cut to size and was willing to mount them for me. It cost a little more, but was well worth it. For about $60 I got the max cell Fedexed to me and all I had to do is connect the terminal wires. Making the polycarbonate box is a little tedious, but I love working with plastic so it was really a treat for me. I followed the instructions as closely as possible and have a good unit that checks out electronically and with no leaks. The guy I got the max cell from says that he has built 3 and they all work well. He said that he put one on his dad's truck and his millage went from 16 mpg to 26 mpg. He has one on his truck, but is waiting for the EFIE unit.

I recommend hypermilling. Did the actone smell of roses or mint by chance? You did put 100% in right?
(12-06-2008 06:10 AM)trader rick Wrote:  Smile I wanted to tell everyone that I was pleasantly surprised when I received an email from clickbank (http://www.clickbank.com) the same day I submitted a requested for a refund telling me that my refund had been processed. The next morning I got an email from paypal confirming that I had gotten a full refund. So my suggestion to all you out there fed up with chasing these idiots at gas4free around is just deal with clickbank.

clickbank is also used by Ozzie. Coincidence?
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2009 10:35 PM by uberhho.)
03-12-2009 10:34 PM