Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
general info
mdkerr15 Offline

Rolleyes general info
i recently installed an HHO unit(2ltr/min) on my 01 chevy suburban 5.3l. saw a slight decrease in milage. added 2 o2 extenders, still no improvement. i've since installed your deluxe dual efie. started @200mv as you sug. this brought on the check engine light for code P1133 and P1153 (i'm also using a scangaugeII) which my haynes manual says is for "oxygen sensor insufficient switching(pre-converter sensor,left(and right)bank)" per your instructions i've continued to adj. the efies down until the code is not set, which is down to 100mv. at this setting i took a 300 mile trip with unit on and got 14.6mpg. on the way back with HHO off i got 15mpg. any suggestions? i've been told i might need more HHO for this size of engine.
05-12-2008 01:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: general info
If you've got to run as low as .100 volts on your EFIE, then you've got a computer that is screwed down really tight. You'll need to adjust some other sensors too in order to get the air/fuel ratio to move for you. Please see http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/TuningForMileage.html for more information on that.

I don't know what to tell you about your HHO production. I have no idea what you have, how many amps it's costing you to produce it, nor how much gas you're getting.

But regardless, you're going to have to get your computer under better control to get good mileage gains. I suspect you have something wrong that is causing that situation. It might even be bad sensors, that were borderline in-operational, and adding that little bit of voltage just made it apparent.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-12-2008 09:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mdkerr15 Offline

my HHO unit is made by HYDROFUEL SOLUTIONS. It's output is about 2 ltr per min (as mentioned) running at 8-9 amps cold.
I failed to metion that during this process I've replaced both upstream o2 sensors with new Denso units. I've also installed new NGK iridium plugs as well as new wires.
When the efies were set around 220mv it also set a P0154"upstream oxygen sensor(right cylinder bank) circuit, insufficient activitity" and a P0000 which is not even listed in the Haynes manual. Every other time only the other two codes were set. There are also o2 codes listed for cicuit voltage too high, too low, slow response, plus a few more for the heater circuit.
Any idea as to why it sets the "insufficient switching" code only?
Since my computer won't adjust my AFR @ 100mv, is your efie really going to do help anything? even after the other parameters are adjusted?
I've been told adjusting signals from MAF, MAP, IAT, CTS does not replace what the efie does????
05-13-2008 06:22 AM
mike Offline

No, but read Tuning For Mileage on my documents page. By making those adjustments, you can then adjust the EFIE more without setting the codes and forcing the ECU into open loop. That's the point. .100 volts is just a ridiculous ceiling for an EFIE offset. I've never heard of one that low. We've got raise it to get anywhere.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-15-2008 05:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pit-Man Offline

Mike, I believe these 2000 and newer GMC unit computers are difficult to over ride. I am producing hydrogen through "6 Water4Gas electrolizers". I have your EFFIE but there is no doubt that I will need to tune my other sensors such as what you have suggested in your "tunning for mileage" info. My question is has anyone design one single unit where all of these sensors can be adjusted from one control box or panel?
05-18-2008 06:05 AM
S10 Hybrid Offline

mdkerr15 Wrote:i recently installed an HHO unit(2ltr/min) on my 01 chevy suburban 5.3l. saw a slight decrease in milage. added 2 o2 extenders, still no improvement. i've since installed your deluxe dual efie. started @200mv as you sug. this brought on the check engine light for code P1133 and P1153 (i'm also using a scangaugeII) which my haynes manual says is for "oxygen sensor insufficient switching(pre-converter sensor,left(and right)bank)" per your instructions i've continued to adj. the efies down until the code is not set, which is down to 100mv. at this setting i took a 300 mile trip with unit on and got 14.6mpg. on the way back with HHO off i got 15mpg. any suggestions? i've been told i might need more HHO for this size of engine.

This has worked for me and it is in this forum posted.. I hope it helps you. I have also disclosed my findings in my free e-book if you care to read 48 pages..

http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=195

eddie b.
05-18-2008 11:42 AM
hhosurfer Offline

What wire did you hook into?

You might have the same setup as me.

See what happens if you reverse the wires. Send the voltage into the o2 sensor.

It may be the computer reads a signal on the white wire also.
06-18-2008 02:41 PM
hhosurfer Offline

Today I reversed the EFIE lets see what happens.
06-22-2008 06:59 PM
hhosurfer Offline

Ok I seem to be seeing a gain if you take the EFIE off the blue wire and put it in reverse on the white.

Once I did this I can now adjust the voltage to the blue wire. On idle I can take is to 1.1v or 1100mv.

I have not drove it yet because I am still messing around. but I also taped into the Fuel Injector 1 signal. (black wire)

Also on GM cars it seems the ECU looks for a high and low signal (high->blue wire) and (low->white wire)

So you are lowering the signal on the white wire while increasing the signal on the blue.

Will see if this works. (nothing else did so far)

The only tiem I amde a gain is when I shorted out the white wire with a 15K resistor to ground.

This may be the same effect.

Again we will see.
07-05-2008 03:54 PM