Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
getting -20.3 on b1 & b2 st trim
1wrenchguy Offline

getting -20.3 on b1 & b2 st trim
02 seqouia limited will not accept the quad digital efie. upon installation i get an automatic lean condition. installation on signal wire verified without a doubt. the green indication lights do not light. i tried a different on because i thought it was bad and still i get the same results. any thoughts?
[/align]
06-22-2012 09:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: getting -20.3 on b1 & b2 st trim
Yes. If the green LED isn't blinking then you have the wrong wire. You should check the voltage of the signal wire coming from the sensor. It should be oscillating between .2 and .8 volts (or there about) while the engine is idling. If you see that, then the green LED will blink, assuming you have the digital EFIEs set at a reasonable voltage (you should set it for about 350 mv until you get the LEDs to blink).

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-23-2012 08:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1wrenchguy Offline

I have the wiring diagrams in front of me and the signal wire for bank 1 and 2 sensors 1 are colors black and the other white. these are the only wires coming from the o2 sensor into the pcm aside from the heater wire. i really want to get this thing going. what else is recommended when this occurs?
06-23-2012 02:48 PM
mike Offline

(06-23-2012 02:48 PM)1wrenchguy Wrote:  I have the wiring diagrams in front of me and the signal wire for bank 1 and 2 sensors 1 are colors black and the other white. these are the only wires coming from the o2 sensor into the pcm aside from the heater wire. i really want to get this thing going. what else is recommended when this occurs?

Put a volt meter on the wire that you have identified as the signal wire. Read it while the engine is idling. Tell me what you see.

Visit Our Documents Page
06-23-2012 04:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1wrenchguy Offline

ok. I will do this on Wednesday for the vehicle belongs to my customer. In the mean time, is there a way you can identify the signal return wire through your wiring diagrams? If not, I will get back to you late Wednesday.
06-24-2012 07:19 AM
mike Offline

You don't want the signal return wire. That's ground. You want the signal wire.

Check your private messages.

Visit Our Documents Page
06-24-2012 07:30 AM
mike Offline

Once again, you don't want the return wire. You want the signal wire. At idle, the wire will fluctuate between .8 and .2 volts on your meter. If you don't see that fluctuation, then you don't have the right wire. If you do see that fluctuation, then you'll see the green LED blink when the engine is idling.

Until you see the green LED blinking, then you have it right. If you don't, something is still wrong with your installation - usually the wrong "signal" wire.

Visit Our Documents Page
06-24-2012 01:10 PM
1wrenchguy Offline

White, black, red and green circuits are being modified with efie, but results are not as expected. Mike I will try it once again on Wednesday. Electrical circuits are my specialty.
06-24-2012 02:52 PM
mike Offline

I just want to know what you see on your meter on those upstream signal wires. Something is wrong if you don't see those LEDs blinking. The first step is to see what the signal wires are doing (or not doing).

I seriously doubt he has completely shot sensors. But something odd is going on. We need to find out what it is.

Visit Our Documents Page
06-24-2012 04:18 PM
1wrenchguy Offline

I managed to make it to my customer today. I took readings off the o2 circuits and the upstream are fluctuating as previously described. I'm really not sure what's causing the automatic lean condition (-20.3%).
06-30-2012 09:59 PM