Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
giving up
Chef Kevin Offline

giving up
I have decided to give up. I just don't have the expertise to continue. The repair manuals don't match my car at all, i can't get the help i need online, and I am going out of my mind.

maybe some time away will get me back on track. I'll keep reading. I know it works, it worked at first, but now is going backwards. my MPG is worse than I started. my o2 sensors are messed up, i have check eng lights on, etc.

who knows.....
06-15-2008 03:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jrmalin Offline

RE: giving up
Feel the same way as you, and have not even installed in my truck yet!
what model car?
06-15-2008 03:23 PM
Dino Offline

Yeah it's confusing as hell what works for one doesn't work for another, it's pretty much hit or miss from what I have seen and read so far.

Hey Chef I hope you decide just to take a break and than try again, you got a lot into it alreadySmile.
06-15-2008 03:37 PM
hvacteacher Offline

Dino Wrote:Yeah it's confusing as hell what works for one doesn't work for another, it's pretty much hit or miss from what I have seen and read so far.

Hey Chef I hope you decide just to take a break and than try again, you got a lot into it alreadySmile.

Hey, Chef Kevin
As a teacher I always tell my students not to give up when facing a problem, take a break, but never ever give up. I understand what you are saying about the manuals, however sometimes you have to think outside the box. Most manuals, even in my business, are not written that well. Just remember: Winners never quit and quitters never win. One other thing I tell my students is if it were easy everyone would be doing it.
good luck and keep trying
06-15-2008 04:25 PM
Chef Kevin Offline

i'll take a week off and see what happens next week.
06-15-2008 04:52 PM
steelerfan89 Offline

I'm still waiting on some equipment to arrive. Once I get it all installed I wont mind driving out to help someone in the same region. After all, Ill be running on 'free' gas. I plan to imitate the 89MPG dude. Im going to do 2 to 4 bottles tho.

In the mean time, I can pick your brain and maybe help you figure out whats wrong if you like? It sounds like you did it right and then a sensor made the computer wise to what you were doing and the computer shut you down. Thats what the guy in the water4gas book said would happen. Your in 'limp home' mode.

You need to reset those errors first thing or you will never get going.
Have you dealt with your

MAP sensor?
O2 sensor(s)
MAF sensor?

What make/model so we can look it up online with you
06-15-2008 05:05 PM