Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
had trouble with MAF enhancer...NOW WHAT??
hhotiom Offline

Sad had trouble with MAF enhancer...NOW WHAT??
So I have a 2001 VW Golf 2.0. I learned that i had a frequency based MAF sensor the hard way. I installed my enhancer properly but i could not fine tune my idle. Bummer.

So i just installed o2 sensor extenders. Will this ACTUALLY work? I was thinking about getting an EFIE but i dont feel like cutting into my o2 sensor especially because of what happened with my MAF...

I really want to continue with this HHO thing and i really want to see gains!!!!

Any advice??
01-09-2009 11:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thomasbala Offline

RE: had trouble with MAF enhancer...NOW WHAT??
(01-09-2009 11:32 PM)hhotiom Wrote:  So I have a 2001 VW Golf 2.0. I learned that i had a frequency based MAF sensor the hard way. I installed my enhancer properly but i could not fine tune my idle. Bummer.

So i just installed o2 sensor extenders. Will this ACTUALLY work? I was thinking about getting an EFIE but i dont feel like cutting into my o2 sensor especially because of what happened with my MAF...

I really want to continue with this HHO thing and i really want to see gains!!!!

Any advice??
The formula is simple: sufficient HHO + EFIE = mpg gain. What's sufficient HHO? Some say 1 lpm per 2 L engine displacement. My experience has been 1 lpm per liter of engine displacement. For most cars O2 extenders and MAF/MAP enhancers don't work. The O2 sensor is the be all, it all, last word in ECU control. The last signal the ECU gets is from the O2 sensors and whatever signal that is it will override any other signals such as from MAF/MAP, IAT, ECT, EGR, you name it. People buy MAF/MAP enhansors, O2 extenders, IAT resistors, etc because they're cheaper than an EFIE; but, if you want results you need an EFIE. Check out the proprietor of this board's EFIEs. They're the best with unbeatable support if you run into any problems. If you're going to get into HHO you might as well do it right from the get go; otherwise you'll just end up wasting your money, frustrated because you can't make it work with inferior products and give up. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress and problems. Whatever you run into chances are pretty good someone else on this board had the same problem and has a solution.
01-10-2009 07:42 AM
hhotiom Offline

RE: had trouble with MAF enhancer...NOW WHAT??
(01-10-2009 07:42 AM)thomasbala Wrote:  
(01-09-2009 11:32 PM)hhotiom Wrote:  So I have a 2001 VW Golf 2.0. I learned that i had a frequency based MAF sensor the hard way. I installed my enhancer properly but i could not fine tune my idle. Bummer.

Any advice??
The formula is simple: sufficient HHO + EFIE = mpg gain. What's sufficient HHO? Some say 1 lpm per 2 L engine displacement. My experience has been 1 lpm per liter of engine displacement. For most cars O2 extenders and MAF/MAP enhancers don't work. The O2 sensor is the be all, it all, last word in ECU control. The last signal the ECU gets is from the O2 sensors and whatever signal that is it will override any other signals such as from MAF/MAP, IAT, ECT, EGR, you name it. People buy MAF/MAP enhansors, O2 extenders, IAT resistors, etc because they're cheaper than an EFIE; but, if you want results you need an EFIE. Check out the proprietor of this board's EFIEs. They're the best with unbeatable support if you run into any problems. If you're going to get into HHO you might as well do it right from the get go; otherwise you'll just end up wasting your money, frustrated because you can't make it work with inferior products and give up. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress and problems. Whatever you run into chances are pretty good someone else on this board had the same problem and has a solution.

Thanks alot!! I will look into the efie now!
01-10-2009 10:16 AM