Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
has anyone delt with pwmpower.com
sdom001 Offline

has anyone delt with pwmpower.com
Has anyone delt with them. I bought an efie from them only because it had both cty and hwy control with knobs and i was able to mount it inside vehicle for control. Problem is the unit instead of increasing voltage is decreasing it from o2 sensor. I emailed them 2 days ago about it, no answer and they never answer the phone. I hope this is just an isolated incident and they are a good co. Although right now I'm not very happy.
11-05-2008 09:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: has anyone delt with pwmpower.com
You sure you have it connected right?

Is there a power led to confirm the unit turns on?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-05-2008 07:58 PM
hygear Offline

sdom001 Wrote:Has anyone delt with them. I bought an efie from them only because it had both cty and hwy control with knobs and i was able to mount it inside vehicle for control. Problem is the unit instead of increasing voltage is decreasing it from o2 sensor. I emailed them 2 days ago about it, no answer and they never answer the phone. I hope this is just an isolated incident and they are a good co. Although right now I'm not very happy.

Here's a complaint filed by another unhappy pwmpower customer off The Water Fuel Cell forum.This is just one,there were more warnings from other members.

Top of the List: PWMPOWER.COM (Pulese Power Management) aka Electronics Unlimited.
It's hard to believe a company like this is able to stay in business, but I guess if they've ripped off others like me, they are making plenty of profit. Here's a log of what I experienced. Please note that all personally identifiable information has been removed from the emails for my protection.

5/11/08 - Placed order for Dave Lawton 15 amp PWM:
5/12/2008 5/12/2008 Visa Check POS Debit
L340 DATE 05-12 PULSE POWER MANAGE941-257-8783 $156.97

5/26/08 - Order was cancelled by Pulse Power Management
See email here.

5/28/08 - Called Pulse Power Management to inquire about order cancellation
Spoke with a Mr. Jerry Lutz. Mr Lutz explained that my order was cancelled because an ex-employee was attempting to steal money from customers, and all current orders were cancelled to prevent this from happening. Mr. Lutz took my replacement order over the phone for a 15amp PWM, and also took my payment info.

5/30/08 - Recieved a request for payment via Google Checkout from Electronics Unlimited.
Electronics Unlimited has the same physical address as Pulse Power Managment. The payment request was for the full price of a 30amp PWM. Recall I ordered a cheaper 15 amp model. Regardless, I paid it and was hoping to get my order filled soon. This was not to be.

6/5/08 - Spoke with Mr. Jerry Lutz of Pulse Power Management again.
I called to inquire as to the status of my order. Mr. Lutz informed me that his company had received a bad batch of components, and that orders were delayed. He also said he would speak to Tomasz Nicewicz, the owner of Pulse Power Management, concerning why I had to received the refund for my original order. Mr. Lutz said that he would make sure my order shipped out today.

6/6/08 - Spoke with Mr. Jerry Lutz of Pulse Power Management again.
I still had not received a shipping notification. Mr. Lutz said that my order was on Tom's desk, and that it would ship out on Monday, 6/9/08 at the latest. I still have no information on the refund for my original order.
6/8/08 - Received an email from Google checkout stating that my second order had been cancelled!

6/5/08 - Spoke with Mr. Jerry Lutz of Pulse Power Management again concerning why my second order was cancelled.
He says that he has no idea, and that they didn't not cancel the order. I did not cancel it, and the email clearly says they cancelled it per customer request. I made no such request. Mr. Lutz said the only thing I could do was place another order. At this point I told him that I was done ordering from his company, and my only concern that this point get getting my money back. He still could give me no information regarding why I had not received my first refund. He could only tell me that others were in the same situation, and it was in the hand of their original e-commerce provider. He said that others had to threaten legal action against this provider to get their refunds. Of course, Mr. Lutz was unable to give me any specifics regarding how to contact this provider. From the best of my abilities, it appears to have been LinkPoint International.

6/10/08 - My final converstation with Mr. Lutz of Pulse Power Management.
I spoke with Mr. Lutz, informed him that I was furious, and that I was sending an email to him. I informed him that I wished him to forward the email to the company owner, Tomasz Nicewicz. He agreed that he would. A copy of the email can been seen here. I never got any response. I've emailed this company many times, and never received a single response.

6/20/08 - Filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau
Your complaint has been received and routed to the following BBB: BBB of West Florida, Inc. (Clearwater, FL)
2653 McCormick Drive
Clearwater, FL 33759
Phone: (727)535-5522
Fax: (727)539-6301
Email: info@bbbwestflorida.org
Web: http://www.bbbwestflorida.org
Please contact the BBB directly if you have questions about your complaint.

6/29/08 - To date, I still have not received the refund for my original order. The second order was refunded by Google Checkout without issue.
Also, nothing has come of the complaint I filed with the BBB.

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quadcab 4x4 5.7 hemi
11-06-2008 07:37 AM
sdom001 Offline

Well I can attest to all complaints. It has been almost a week now and have gotten no answer.
Now to my original problem, it has been fixed. The unit it working fine. But it took a call to a friend of a friend who knows electronics to figure it out for me. I am yet to get an e-mail/ phone call from them.
I should have done more research about them, it was my fault for deciding to go with them because if the product rather than the Company. I will not make that mistake again.

ps. Thank you to all who have answered my questions and given their insight and opinions.
11-06-2008 02:28 PM
Yodamaker Offline

sdom001 Wrote:Has anyone delt with them. I bought an efie from them only because it had both cty and hwy control with knobs and i was able to mount it inside vehicle for control. Problem is the unit instead of increasing voltage is decreasing it from o2 sensor. I emailed them 2 days ago about it, no answer and they never answer the phone. I hope this is just an isolated incident and they are a good co. Although right now I'm not very happy.

I have a feeling the device you recieved is a MAP Sensor Enhancer (MAPSE) and is not intended to be connected to the O2 sensor. Most MAPSE's have two knobs, one for city and one for hwy.

89 Ford Probe 4cyl 51mpg/hwy
http://www.greatertech.com
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2008 02:48 PM by Yodamaker.)
11-06-2008 02:47 PM
sdom001 Offline

You may be right, I was wondering why they were the only ones who had the efie available with the 2 knobs. On their website they are calling it an EFIE.
11-07-2008 05:05 AM
colchiro Offline

It says it's an efie. http://www.pwmpower.com/chefie.html

"This EFIE can be mounted under the dash or under the HOOD."

Why you'd want to install it under the hood is beyond me.

Doubt you'll find posts like this at pwmpower.com:

http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=1857
http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=1454

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-07-2008 03:49 PM
Yodamaker Offline

colchiro Wrote:It says it's an efie. http://www.pwmpower.com/chefie.html

"This EFIE can be mounted under the dash or under the HOOD."

Why you'd want to install it under the hood is beyond me.

Doubt you'll find posts like this at pwmpower.com:

http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=1857
http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=1454

I agree, and it should have come with some specific directions either from the site or through at least an email support. To be honest with you thats the first one I have seen with a city and hwy setting knobs.

89 Ford Probe 4cyl 51mpg/hwy
http://www.greatertech.com
11-08-2008 05:34 PM
colchiro Offline

City/hwy has been discussed briefly in the past. One user thought it was needed. I suggested it's hard enough to tune in one efie for highway, let alone another one for city.

Rick

11-08-2008 06:12 PM
sdom001 Offline

It did come with directions, but were not as specific as I would have liked. I still have not heard from them. My CTY/HWY efie is working and I like being able to dual tune from inside the vehicle, but I would not recomend them to anyone. I am considering myself lucky that it works.
11-09-2008 08:06 AM