Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
has anyone had a run in with a 2003 dodge hemi
coreyb Offline

has anyone had a run in with a 2003 dodge hemi
:(Hi everyone,

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram with a 5.7 hemi. I am running an HHO generator and an Efie. I have been trying and trying to get results with my mpg and am not having any luck. I have ran out of ideas.Can anyone help???
04-20-2008 05:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: has anyone had a run in with a 2003 dodge hemi
Hi. Gonna ask some standard questions here:

What kind of HHO unit are you using? How many amps is it drawing. How much gas is it producing? (if you haven't measured, what is the rated output of the unit?) Have you talked to the HHO supplier? What has he told you?

There are many things you can do, but if you are getting no results from an HHO unit and an EFIE something is quite wrong, and we need to back track and find out what that is. After we start getting SOME results, we can go forward with some other handlings to get more and better results. Please let me know the answers to the above.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-20-2008 06:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
coreyb Offline

Hi Mike,

Thanks for replying, I am running an electrolyzer (hydro super 2)w/KOH mix in steam distilled water and the unit is putting out 3 to 4 LPM. I have heard that the Hemi engines are really difficult to deal with. I talked to the manufacturer and they are scratching their heads also, with what I am using I should be seeing substantial gains. The unit is a double and I have reconfigured it into 2 singles, thinking that the unit may be producing to much gas and the computer is seeing the extra o2. With the Efie , the unit and also the o2 extenders I just dont know what else to do. On the other hand the horse power is incredible.

Thanks again, coreyb
04-21-2008 04:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

Do you have a trouble light? What voltage is the EFIE set at? Do you by any chance have an OBD-II reader so you can see thinks like your AFR (air/fuel ratio) while the engine is running? You can get a cheapo from Harbor Freight for $90 or a ScanGauge II for about $170. These will tell you what is going on with your engine as you apply modifications.

I would be a little concerned about too much gas, which will then draw more amperage, and can cause a diminishing return in fuel economy. See this article on that subject.

Because you are getting an increase in horsepower, but not in mpg, your computer must be going into open loop operation. It will do this if it thinks your oxygen sensor is on the fritz, and it can think this if the data it gets is not consistent with the data from other sensors. Also, it could actually be damaged and non-functional. Or the EFIE could be set too high. These conditions should cause a trouble light, but they don't always do so. Here's another place where an OBD-II reader would be nice.

You can check to see if the EFIE is installed correctly and that the sensor is supplying sensible information to the ECU by doing the tests in this article. Once you've established that all is OK there, then you might try reducing the EFIE's voltage (if you're above .350 volts currently).

If all is OK there, then the last step is to read Tuning For Mileage, where you can learn how to adjust the other sensors that may be tipping off the ECU as to what we're up to with the oxygen sensor signal. I think your HHO supplier has a box for handling some of these sensors. Just make sure that the box is designed for your type of sensor as covered in the article.

Somewhere along the line of those steps you should start realizing your mpg goals.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-21-2008 09:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply