Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
hello new member here
Ryf Offline

hello new member here
I've been dabbling in electrolysis about 3 months, my current single cell is
+nnn- of SS wall plates and seems to work ok. I'm also working on a coil type out of 316l SS cable, I believe with that I can get the surface area to get this thing going well. I've been using arm and hammer, but have ordered some pure potassium hydroxide to try out, with the plates I am running 14V and 2.02 amps adding more soda makes it go to 3.24 amps, but thats 4 tblspns per gallon and seems almost a ridiculous amount, I got alot more production with 2 24" lengths of picture hanger wire on my coil setup with 2 tblspns, which is designed for about 6-7 feet of each electrode.

I am using a automotive charger with a 55amp starter circuit, it has a amp gauge, but I also use a digital amp gauge (kind that clips on the wire externally) to keep tabs on it. I usually run it on the 10 amp setting, switching to 55 amp doesn't create more gas, nor does it change the amps used.

I'll be tossing this in my 1995 s-10 but will not be doing that until I can create a unit that runs consistently and efficiently enough to be "dependable"
05-08-2008 03:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rdgeorge2008 Offline

RE: hello new member here
hello ive done alot of testing different material and the plates work good the wire works good also but ive found that if you can make an outer tube of + and - around 3/8 apart spacing on the wire then make a smaller tube withe 3/8 spacing on the wire also try to get the outer tube wound in the opposite dirrection than the inner tube but you must us a pwm with this cause it will create too much heat and melt the pvc pipe that you wire is wound around or pleix glass also works good but for only one tube Question do you use a pwn with dc if you do youll need to if you let your gen run for 30 min to hour dose it produce steam what temp are you maintaining i run for four hour using a 3 -+- cells arranged in a series with a pwm and am able to make 10 gal hour with out heating up have on my desiel truck also am using a fuel mixture by it self get me around 4 extra gal pre mile
05-08-2008 03:02 PM
colchiro Offline

Ryf, more current doesn't change anything. Is the distance between your plates more than 1/8 inch (the recommended distance)? Are your connections tight?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-08-2008 03:34 PM
Ryf Offline

colchiro Wrote:Ryf, more current doesn't change anything. Is the distance between your plates more than 1/8 inch (the recommended distance)? Are your connections tight?

they are almost exactly an 1/8" apart. its not that I want to use more current, its that with that plate setup it was only creating a very little amount of HHO at the given draw, and I could not create more, and for a given design, all else equal, amps=energy expended on process, so it would not be comparable to your amps, but changes in amps in my system do allow the user to get a feel for whats going on. when I try plates again I will probably try a cell with more powered plates.

rdgeorge2008 Wrote:hello ive done alot of testing different material and the plates work good the wire works good also but ive found that if you can make an outer tube of + and - around 3/8 apart spacing on the wire then make a smaller tube withe 3/8 spacing on the wire also try to get the outer tube wound in the opposite dirrection than the inner tube but you must us a pwm with this cause it will create too much heat and melt the pvc pipe that you wire is wound around or pleix glass also works good but for only one tube Question do you use a pwn with dc if you do youll need to if you let your gen run for 30 min to hour dose it produce steam what temp are you maintaining i run for four hour using a 3 -+- cells arranged in a series with a pwm and am able to make 10 gal hour with out heating up have on my desiel truck also am using a fuel mixture by it self get me around 4 extra gal pre mile

I'm using (looks close to 14 Gauge diameter) 1/16" 316 SS 7 strand cable, its stiff, likes to be in a 3.5" or larger diameter circle. the design I'm using has 12 ft + and - for a total of 24 ft, it is coiled (helix?) around a plastic frame I made like two springs, about 1/4" apart, as this was as close as I could notch the plastic to keep the spacing, the wire gets very hot at even 3 amps above the water line. hot enough to sear flesh. I'm thinking I can maybe run two of these cell to lower the voltage, which should help with heat if I understand it right. it definitely makes more bigger bubbles than the plates, but a 4"x7-8" coil is a pretty big package with alot of surface area.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2008 07:13 PM by Ryf.)
05-08-2008 07:03 PM