Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
hello to all-
grusson Offline

Sad hello to all-
hello to all,
im a new user on this site, with a fair amount of hho knowledge, but very little EFIE knowledge. i've turned wrenches for nearly 25 years, and am just starting to get my feet wet on the hho stuff. i have a 2005 ford f-250 with the 5.4 3v triton, currently running an 11a magdrive hho system. MPG increase thus far is 5-6 without any 02 mods with efie. people think i'm crazy for pulling mods on a $ 30,000 truck, but my answer is dream big!
my goal for this vehicle is 300 bhp running with gas/hho, and looking for MPG around 25-30 highway.currently i'm at 18.8-19.1 at freeway speed. results on the hho system are perfect, and i would highly recommend an 11a kit for the v-8 vehicle. water displacement tests put my hho at 3-4 litres per min. hho production, system runs at 5.7 amps hot. using a modified dart 65e20-12 pwm for power input. by mods i mean a fixed capacitor change for a variable capacitor to control the frequency. input set at 49khz.
overall the system runs well, but i'm ready to install the efie system to control the o2 sensors. i'm the kind who does alot of research before i turn the screws to a project. i dont want a broken down vehicle, and i demand good technology with good results. i guess thats why i'm here. you guys have the answers, and are not afraid to talk hho, which i believe to be a very viable engine modification fuel.
sorry for the long post, just wanted to intro a little bit, and ask one question. does anyone know what kind of 02 sensors i have, they are 4 wire( heated i assume ) and do you feel the EFIE will function well with them. thanks in advance.
GR
05-01-2008 09:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rpatzer Offline

RE: hello to all-
I think this is what you have:

" zoom 1999-2007 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Replacement Oxygen Sensor

Our Price: $44.07Quantity: Part Number: USOS-4000"OXYGEN SENSOR, UNIVERSAL TYPE, 4 WIRES -- A High Quality, Direct Fit OE Replacement For Oxygen Sensor, Wire 20Cm Long, Without Connectors"
05-01-2008 03:11 PM
mike Offline

Hi Grusson. Welcome to the forum!

What did you pay for the Dart motor control? Where did you get the idea of using 49 Khz as the frequency? Is there an article on that somewhere?

In answer to your question. I THINK you have narrow band oxygen sensors in your truck. But you'll need to make sure. The only other type you could have would be an AFR (Air Fuel Ratio) sensor. These also use 4 wires but are not compatible with an EFIE. Check out the following article to get find the resources you'll need to find out what you have for sure: What Do I Need To Know About My Oxygen Sensor?

Actually, check out most of the articles on my documents page. These will give you a good grounding in the whole oxygen sensor business. One of the last articles on that page is Tuning For Mileage which is the next step after oxygen sensor handlings are done.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-02-2008 06:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
grusson Offline

hi mike,
sorry for the long delay in a followup post. the dart control came into being after i stumbled across a series of videos showing hho reactors running at different pulse width frequencies. based on the video, the best overall frequencies were between 48-50khz. i decided to purchase a dart control ( very easy to manipulate ) and install a variable cap and set it to 49khz. i did have some help as my brother is an electrical automation engineer. i dare say the production with the pwm is nearly 35-40 percent better. however the overall complexity of the system dictates a series of overall losses that are not accounted for. it will be some time before i can tell for sure. much more testing is needed. and with this particular vehicle ( AFR TYPE SENSORS ) i may never get the type of results i'm looking for. as far as costs go, i spent around $275 for the pwm modified. but i do feel the results with the pwm do exceed results without. ( resistance in the wiring kills the gains) i'll continue to post as i complete more testing, and see if i can work around the afr mess. just a note: i suffered a major melt down last week with my hho cell. i think i drove the heat to high and melted a portion of my nylon cell wall, allowing the plates to contact. lost all of the solution ( into the motor )!!! motor is fine, but i can tell you that straight white vinegar will (NOT) burn.
back to the old drawing board.
and thanks for the reply mike.
05-08-2008 02:27 PM
grusson Offline

hi mike,
sorry for the long delay in a followup post. the dart control came into being after i stumbled across a series of videos showing hho reactors running at different pulse width frequencies. based on the video, the best overall frequencies were between 48-50khz. i decided to purchase a dart control ( very easy to manipulate ) and install a variable cap and set it to 49khz. i did have some help as my brother is an electrical automation engineer. i dare say the production with the pwm is nearly 35-40 percent better. however the overall complexity of the system dictates a series of overall losses that are not accounted for. it will be some time before i can tell for sure. much more testing is needed. and with this particular vehicle ( AFR TYPE SENSORS ) i may never get the type of results i'm looking for. as far as costs go, i spent around $275 for the pwm modified. but i do feel the results with the pwm do exceed results without. ( resistance in the wiring kills the gains) i'll continue to post as i complete more testing, and see if i can work around the afr mess. just a note: i suffered a major melt down last week with my hho cell. i think i drove the heat to high and melted a portion of my nylon cell wall, allowing the plates to contact. lost all of the solution ( into the motor )!!! motor is fine, but i can tell you that straight white vinegar will (NOT) burn.
back to the old drawing board.
and thanks for the reply mike.
05-08-2008 02:29 PM
grusson Offline

wow that was weird !!
raining right now and lightning just wacked the building !!
and i got a double post for free !!!!
gr
05-08-2008 02:32 PM
colchiro Offline

You might have a red X to remove the dupe post.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2008 03:17 PM by colchiro.)
05-08-2008 03:17 PM