Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
help! no mpg improvement
pfai Offline

help! no mpg improvement
Hi All, Installed my new system Friday and drove 47 miles-took 1 gallon to fill, normal mileage has been 28.9 . Was leaking part of my HHO around connection in top of generator unit, took from vehicle and epoxied connections, filled back up with electrolyte-3.5 tsp KaOH.Drove 100 miles,back to 28.9 mpg. Looked in cell and brown flakes floating-believe glue wasn't completely cured and reacted with electrolyte?? HAve not added efie yet,does have o2 extender and small pwm purchased off ebay.Today, Sat., cleaned cell out, flushed using distilled vinegar,then lots of hot water. Now,waiting overnight for glue to dry before refilling with electrolyte. Any suggestions??
Thanks,Paul
07-26-2008 03:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: help! no mpg improvement
When you noticed the brown, you should have checked how the epoxy reacts with your electrolyte instead of re-expoxying it.

Somebody said the 5 minute epoxy works.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-26-2008 04:14 PM
CitatioN10 Offline

You can use the 5 min Plastic Epoxy from any auto store ! works great and is very strong .
07-26-2008 08:56 PM
pfai Offline

Hi All, Have rebuilt cell using 5 minute epoxy and seems sealed now. Problem is, not seeing any mpg improvement over what I was getting before generator was installed. Believe problem to be minor because of initial mpg improvement on 1st test drive after installation.I own an auto repair shop and we have a smoke machine for testing for vac leaks, gonna test system integrity Tues. ( would do it tomorrow but wife says have to install a system on her 03 Subaru Baja tomorrow).
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,Paul
07-27-2008 04:44 PM
stevekos7 Offline

Fully cured epoxy is fine, but 5 min will cure faster. If it isn't fully cured it will soften and flake off. Once fully cured it will last well. I'm using marine grade Polyeurethane sealant on my new build. I will have to leave it for a week to fully cure. My last one was built with acrylic cement and was a disaster.
07-27-2008 05:49 PM