Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
hho/diesel
fbksfiddler Offline

hho/diesel
So i have noticed hho generators that produce x amount of hydrogen per amount of electricity applied. What I am wondering if you have a 10kw diesel generator that runs ie. four hours on a gallon of diesel how much hho production would you need run the generator for the same amount of time and would it be possible to switch the generator to straight hho once it is running?? thanks
03-03-2012 07:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: hho/diesel
Yes, but so far no one has been able to do that by only utilizing the electricity coming from that one generator.

The way supplemental hydrogen works, you really don't get more power from adding more HHO. You add the correct amount of HHO to get an effect that greatly reduces fuel usage. But adding more HHO actually starts reducing your gains.

So until someone can create HHO using less energy than you get when you burn it, there won't be a generator that can run an engine that also creates the energy for making the HHO.

I'm not saying its impossible. But no one has done it - well, they say that Stanley Meyers did it - and maybe he did. But no one can replicate the results. Also google on "Fast Freddie". He's claimed to have done it too, but also apparently can't duplicate his own test.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 12:10 PM by mike.)
03-04-2012 12:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fbksfiddler Offline

(03-04-2012 12:08 PM)mike Wrote:  Yes, but so far no one has been able to do that by only utilizing the electricity coming from that one generator.

The way supplemental hydrogen works, you really don't get more power from adding more HHO. You add the correct amount of HHO to get an effect that greatly reduces fuel usage. But adding more HHO actually starts reducing your gains.

So until someone can create HHO using less energy than you get when you burn it, there won't be a generator that can run an engine that also creates the energy for making the HHO.

I'm not saying its impossible. But no one has done it - well, they say that Stanley Meyers did it - and maybe he did. But no one can replicate the results. Also google on "Fast Freddie". He's claimed to have done it too, but also apparently can't duplicate his own test.

I guess i should clarify. I am just wondering if i can cut down my fuel consumption on a diesel generator by adding an hho system???
03-04-2012 04:12 PM
mike Offline

Oh, absolutely. But the amount of HHO you'll need is very low. We use 1.25 LPM on average for 15 liter semi tractor engines.

I'm sorry, I though you were asking how to run an engine on HHO only. But supplemental hydrogen works very well. It works by making the petroleum fuel burn much more completely, and thus gaining horsepower that would otherwise be lost.

Visit Our Documents Page
03-05-2012 09:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
koya1893 Offline

Mike,
Am I reading your response correctly; only 1.25LPM for 15liter diesel engine? that's .1 LPM per 1 lilter of engine displacement, which is way outside the box of the initial ration everyone is shooting for of; .5 LPM per 1 liter of engine displacement.

What kind of MPG are they experiencing with that ratio? right now I am inducing 2 LPM in my 6.7 diesel engine, my gain is mostly during the stop and go driving. Once I hit the highway above 60 mph, gain is minimal.
Ben
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2012 12:05 PM by koya1893.)
03-06-2012 12:04 PM
mike Offline

Yes, I know. That's why I've been reporting it. And I can tell you that guys that run higher amps, don't get as good of gains.

Since we've learned this, we've been able to debug many of the car systems that were "unable to get gains". I've had a guy with a 4 cylinder engine running 10-12 amps, turn his system down to 5 amps, and he all of a sudden started getting spectacular gains.

It seems the whole industry decided that more was better and have been making systems to get more and more HHO. But it has become overkill. The technology is more powerful than we realized.

As another example: I had a guy show up at my shop with 6 of the old glass jar electrolyzers on the front of his motor home. The total amount of gas coming out of these things was barely measureable. But his mileage when from 7 mpg to 13 mpg. And he'd been using them for years. He wanted to know how much better he'd be able to do with one of my dry cells, and I told him I didn't think it would be any better. It would just be easier to maintain. But the point is that very little HHO is needed to get extraordinary gains.

Visit Our Documents Page
03-06-2012 12:13 PM
koya1893 Offline

Okay, I think I am going to shutdown half of my two stack cell on the way home and see what happens: My cell is configured this way:
+NNNNN-NNNNN+. Each + has it's own power supply, hence I can shutdown one side. At cold start each side draws 10-12 amps.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2012 12:24 PM by koya1893.)
03-06-2012 12:23 PM
Quebecker Offline

Mike,

Does this also apply to gasoline engines ?
I yes, I think I'll try this theory on my honda civic 2004 because I never got a gain interest on this car. I tried 0.5 to 1 LPM and always the same result (8-10% gain)

Regards

(03-06-2012 12:13 PM)mike Wrote:  Yes, I know. That's why I've been reporting it. And I can tell you that guys that run higher amps, don't get as good of gains.

Since we've learned this, we've been able to debug many of the car systems that were "unable to get gains". I've had a guy with a 4 cylinder engine running 10-12 amps, turn his system down to 5 amps, and he all of a sudden started getting spectacular gains.

It seems the whole industry decided that more was better and have been making systems to get more and more HHO. But it has become overkill. The technology is more powerful than we realized.

As another example: I had a guy show up at my shop with 6 of the old glass jar electrolyzers on the front of his motor home. The total amount of gas coming out of these things was barely measureable. But his mileage when from 7 mpg to 13 mpg. And he'd been using them for years. He wanted to know how much better he'd be able to do with one of my dry cells, and I told him I didn't think it would be any better. It would just be easier to maintain. But the point is that very little HHO is needed to get extraordinary gains.

-----------
Remi

"Excuse my poor english, Google is my friend"
03-07-2012 06:41 AM
koya1893 Offline

(03-07-2012 06:41 AM)Quebecker Wrote:  Mike,

Does this also apply to gasoline engines ?
I yes, I think I'll try this theory on my honda civic 2004 because I never got a gain interest on this car. I tried 0.5 to 1 LPM and always the same result (8-10% gain)

Regards

(03-06-2012 12:13 PM)mike Wrote:  Yes, I know. That's why I've been reporting it. And I can tell you that guys that run higher amps, don't get as good of gains.

Something you might want to try also is increase fuel or maintain current schedule. the reason I am suggesting that is; I was working with an Infinity which had a V-6 all the time I thought it has two O2 so I treated one with the digital EFIE. One O2 was set at 350 mv (decreasing) the other thinking it was the rear O2 was set at 200 mv increasing. I got 30 mpg city from 25 mpg. Then I discovered it had two from O2 sensors and one rear. Now the two front are set on a narro EFIE adding fuel at 100mv. I also had a small cell on it.

I am re-thinking my application to several who had problem with gain more than 10%.
03-07-2012 07:01 AM
koya1893 Offline

Okay, filled up from my 450 miles of driving with one cell active on my two stack at 13 amps. My mpg increased 2 mpg from with the two stack active. At 13 amps the cell might be producing maybe 1 LPM to the 6.7 liter engine. That is way outside the box we initially thought the ration should be.
Thanks for sharing your new found data Mike.
03-08-2012 10:09 AM