Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
hho,ecu,2004 silverado crewcab 1500 4wd 5.3 liter
duh1 Offline

hho,ecu,2004 silverado crewcab 1500 4wd 5.3 liter
Hi I have only been doing this for about a year now and I have recently had my pay cut by $400.00 so I had to try to get better mpg with what I have around or get with as low $ as I can.

I have daul efie that I thought need to get it fix only to find out that it was set at 80 so they set it at 200 for me.

unfortenly it still can not get over 21mpg 22mpg actully it went down to 19mpg and a cel came on.

I hooked the efie to the ppl wire that is the high wire on the o2.

I even made one of those adjustable voltage regulator with a lm317 to try to advance the time.

I also tryed a 1/2 ohm resistor on the down stream o2 on their black wires.

three 64oz canning jars with a mix of seven 1/4 tsp in a gal of dist water                    

I get around 21mpg - 22mpg on a reguler 46.1 mile trip to work and back with no air and costing to stop signs in nuatrol.

mv
08-08-2009 09:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
duh1 Offline

RE: hho,ecu,2004 silverado crewcab 1500 4wd 5.3 liter
I would just like to make sure that I have installed the efie the right way can you take a look.

white wire from efie to black wire of ecu

green wire from efie to green wire of o2 sensor

blue wire from efie to black wire of ecu

brown wire from efie to green wire of o2 sensor

thanks mv

can any on tell me what this chamber is for.

thanks mv

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2009 07:26 AM by duh1.)
08-12-2009 06:02 AM
colchiro Offline

Hi mv.

It sounds like you have narrow band dual efie deluxe.

[Image: DualDeluxe_MED.jpg]

This is from how to read your efie, one of the many documents found in my documents link below:

To test the voltage that the oxygen sensor is putting out, attach your red meter lead to the EFIE's black test port, and your black meter lead to vehicle ground. If the car is running, then you should see a constantly fluctuating voltage between .2 and .7 volts on your meter.

If you see this, you have the meter properly connected to the o2's.

Do you have your jars wired in series (so you have about 4 volts per jar)? That would be more efficient than having 12 volts per jar. Also, have you checked for leaks by brushing soapy water on your connections?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
08-12-2009 04:27 PM
martinruf Offline

Rolleyes RE: hho,ecu,2004 silverado crewcab 1500 4wd 5.3 liter
(08-12-2009 06:02 AM)duh1 Wrote:  can any on tell me what this chamber is for.

It's a part of the air filter.
I guess that ist as big for two reasons:
1) a full engine part looks better
2) at this place a normal driver will not able to add its own addons (like a HHO-cell) here.

Ford C-Max 1.8i flexfuel (petrol)
Victor-Tupperware-Cell
4x 5N at 1-2AMP
20% less Liter/100km
08-12-2009 09:03 PM
Gary Offline

Expansion chamber to slow air currents and not blow water into the engine. Many have a catch tube on the bottom.
I think a dry cell will give more output at less amps and improve things. Your cells can't be making very much gas.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2009 01:34 PM by Gary.)
08-13-2009 01:33 PM
duh1 Offline

(08-12-2009 04:27 PM)colchiro Wrote:  Hi mv.

It sounds like you have narrow band dual efie deluxe.

[Image: DualDeluxe_MED.jpg]

This is from how to read your efie, one of the many documents found in my documents link below:

To test the voltage that the oxygen sensor is putting out, attach your red meter lead to the EFIE's black test port, and your black meter lead to vehicle ground. If the car is running, then you should see a constantly fluctuating voltage between .2 and .7 volts on your meter.

If you see this, you have the meter properly connected to the o2's.

Do you have your jars wired in series (so you have about 4 volts per jar)? That would be more efficient than having 12 volts per jar. Also, have you checked for leaks by brushing soapy water on your connections?

Sorry it has taking me so long to get back to you guys.

Yes that would be the efie I have.

Yes I tested the wire with my meter and it dose fluctuating voltage.

Yes the jars are wired in series and the meter says that running 11.5-11.7-11.9.

No I have not done the water soap test yet but plan to on Friday.

I have add a nother six in ss piece of counter top trim and two of the jars have about 8th of foam in them and they are making more hho then they ever have.

Thanks MV
(08-12-2009 09:03 PM)martinruf Wrote:  
(08-12-2009 06:02 AM)duh1 Wrote:  can any on tell me what this chamber is for.

It's a part of the air filter.
I guess that ist as big for two reasons:
1) a full engine part looks better
2) at this place a normal driver will not able to add its own addons (like a HHO-cell) here.

Actuly I now somebody that had a k&m instalded on their taho its mpg went up by 3 and the noise leave went up to so they think that those chambers help keep the noise down.

Thanks MV
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2009 08:22 PM by duh1.)
08-20-2009 08:13 PM
duh1 Offline

(08-13-2009 01:33 PM)Gary Wrote:  Expansion chamber to slow air currents and not blow water into the engine. Many have a catch tube on the bottom.
I think a dry cell will give more output at less amps and improve things. Your cells can't be making very much gas.

I would love to have a dry cell but with no exter $ I cant afford one.

But on a differant note do you have a silverado like me.

I put togather a adjustable voltage regulater with a lm317t and using it on my iat wire that has a voltage of 2.8 at high way speed and dose not move form that point I have had the lm317t up to 5.1 voltes like mpgmike said I should but I still could only get up to 22.mpg and it would go down to 21.mpg and it did stay in that range for the days that I ran it like that. I also noticed that the truck did not riv up on the hills like before but it did feel like it wanted to shift in to another gear like a lower one but dose not.

I then made another lm317t unite with a 50k pot and tryed to use it on my map but the voltage on the map actully moves from 0.5 all the way up to 3.0 volts that it would stall the truck eventully and my mpg went down to 18mpg. So I gus I will go back to just using it on the iat.

Dose your iat or maps voltages have the same as mine and have you been able to get control of them and if you have how did you do it please tell.

Thanks MV
08-20-2009 09:14 PM
Gary Offline

I have a 2000 Silverado 5.3 with a K&N filter that got me 1mpg more hwy only. I have NO electronics on it, a 6x6 4N2 dry cell generator running at 12-18 amps, which is a bit over 1L/min. which gets me 3.5mpg hwy and maybe 1-2mpg city. Over or under that range and it drops off badly back to stock 16-18.5mpg.
I was pretty excited to finally see 22mpg on the scangauge and then average 19 on a fillup, and that includes some traffic jams. Used to average about 14-15.
Anyway, I'm not the guy for EFIE adjustment; Mike and Colchiro are.
08-21-2009 04:07 AM