ss316S wire, 0.063 diameter, 1/4" spacing, 10 turns
map enhancer
KOH 3/4 tsp, distilled water, draws 7-10amps
auto reset 20 amp breaker
one way check valve
2 fuel filters to trap moisture, 2nd is an extra precaution
eefie not used yet set to off
HHO production ~0.5 L/min

96 caravan has a spare port to the intake manifold so no altering or extra work. Changing your air filter or a clean one makes a noticeable positive difference.

I used set routes to test results in the beginning now I just fill up and divide distance traveled by Litres and don't differentiate between city and hwy driving same setting for both. The travel is about 60% city 40% hwy.

The results jumped from 38 - 50% increase to 60-78% when switched from NAOH to KOH (4/13/09). The downside a slight loss in power at start, and have to add H20 more often than with NAOH. Worth the effort (5 min) considering the increased savings. Will incorporate the eefie sometime soon to see if it increases the results even more.

Cost is ~$30 in materials.
06-07-2009 12:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dingo Offline

RE: hho increase from 6.31 km/L to 11.27 km/L
(06-07-2009 12:15 PM)macedrive Wrote:  results for 3L 96 dodge caravan
started Dec/06
197000 km and was getting 6.31 km/l or 17.83 MPG
240100 km getting 11.27 km/L or 31.85 MPG
=78.63% increase in fuel mileage

Setup
wide mouth canning jar,
3/8" plexi core
map enhancer
one way check valve

96 caravan has a spare port to the intake manifold so no altering or extra work. Changing your air filter or a clean one makes a noticeable positive difference.

I used set routes to test results in the beginning now I just fill up and divide distance traveled by Litres and don't differentiate between city and hwy driving same setting for both. The travel is about 60% city 40% hwy.

The results jumped from 38 - 50% increase to 60-78% when switched from NAOH to KOH (4/13/09). The downside a slight loss in power at start, and have to add H20 more often than with NAOH. Worth the effort (5 min) considering the increased savings. Will incorporate the eefie sometime soon to see if it increases the results even more.

wow...awesome !
06-08-2009 06:49 PM
mattsauto Offline

started Dec/06

Setup
wide mouth canning jar,
3/8" plexi core
map enhancer
one way check valve

Don't you LOVE these "JAR" stories, people here have "macho" set-ups pumping 3L+++ HHO, fancy high end $$$ EFIE and can't come close to your FANTASTIC gains MAGIC, pure MAGIC ...
06-09-2009 06:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cpjp Offline

I'm envious of your success. I have a similar installation in a 1990, 2.2L Honda Accord LX:

Setup (based on W4G instrucctions)

wide mouth canning jar,
3/8" plexi core
316L wire, 0.032 diameter, ~1/4" spacing, ? turns
NO map enhancer (is it a must??)
Baking Soda 1/2 tsp, distilled water, draws ?? amps
normal 15 AMP fuse to switch on dash
one way check valve
No fuel filters (where do they go??) other than the one the car came with
EFIE maximized to point where any further turning of the screw causes performance issues
HHO production ~?? L/min (how exactly is that measured)
My vacuum is achieved via a T into an intake manifold hose (my mechanic friend hooked it up for me)

In two tanks I've seen no measurable increase in fuel economy. I've purchase online books, DVDs, getting the 316L wire proved to be very expensive to get shipped to Canada. I'm slowly becmoning the laughing stock of all my social circles. Is it because I don't have the MAP enhancer? Based on my understanding of the W4G info, I thought you had to have an EFIE to get any gain and not have your computer richen the fuel mix.

What am I missing? Any help you could provide would be very valuable. I'll provide the most detailed answers, photos - anything. Am new to this forum. My apologies if this is an annoying "newbie" question.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
started Dec/06

Setup
wide mouth canning jar,
3/8" plexi core
map enhancer
one way check valve

Are the fuel economies you're stating correct? Your 6.3km/L start is pretty awful. On a typical 65 litre tank you'd only go ~410 km! The 11.27km/L woulfdget you closer to what would seem just a reasonable expectation. No?
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2009 11:13 AM by cpjp.)
06-18-2009 10:42 AM
macedrive Offline

(06-18-2009 10:42 AM)cpjp Wrote:  I'm envious of your success. I have a similar installation in a 1990, 2.2L Honda Accord LX:

wide mouth canning jar,
3/8" plexi core
one way check valve
EFIE maximized to point where any further turning of the screw causes performance issues
My vacuum is achieved via a T into an intake manifold hose (my mechanic friend hooked it up for me)

In two tanks I've seen no measurable increase in fuel economy. I've purchase online books, DVDs, getting the 316L wire proved to be very expensive to get shipped to Canada. I'm slowly becmoning the laughing stock of all my social circles. Is it because I don't have the MAP enhancer? Based on my understanding of the W4G info, I thought you had to have an EFIE to get any gain and not have your computer richen the fuel mix.

What am I missing? Any help you could provide would be very valuable. I'll provide the most detailed answers, photos - anything. Am new to this forum. My apologies if this is an annoying "newbie" question.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
started Dec/06

Setup
wide mouth canning jar,
3/8" plexi core
map enhancer
one way check valve

Are the fuel economies you're stating correct? Your 6.3km/L start is pretty awful. On a typical 65 litre tank you'd only go ~410 km! The 11.27km/L woulfdget you closer to what would seem just a reasonable expectation. No?

When this vehicle was new it was getting 10 km/L, as time went on it decreased when it hit 6.31 km/L I took it to two service centers to see what the problem was. The result was the same. After $1350 I said there must be away so after much reading and thousands of dollars in testing various set ups this simple pocket book friendly way seemed to work best with confined spaces. Note: Tank size is 75L
I have yet to connect the effie. Maybe better results.

One drawback I have noticed since switching to KOH is having to add water too frequently for my liking. May switch back to NaOH.

Also have a plate set up to try in the jar. More when I get around to it.
Cheers!
(06-26-2009 07:09 AM)macedrive Wrote:  
(06-18-2009 10:42 AM)cpjp Wrote:  I'm envious of your success. I have a similar installation in a 1990, 2.2L Honda Accord LX:

wide mouth canning jar,
3/8" plexi core
one way check valve

Thanks in advance,

Chris
started Dec/06

Setup
wide mouth canning jar,
3/8" plexi core
map enhancer
one way check valve

When this vehicle was new it was getting 10 km/L, as time went on it decreased when it hit 6.31 km/L I took it to two service centers to see what the problem was. The result was the same. After $1350 I said there must be away so after much reading and thousands of dollars in testing various set ups this simple pocket book friendly way seemed to work best with confined spaces. Note: Tank size is 75L
I have yet to connect the effie. Maybe better results.

One drawback I have noticed since switching to KOH is having to add water too frequently for my liking. May switch back to NaOH.

Also have a plate set up to try in the jar. More when I get around to it.
Cheers!

The filters are placed between the device and intake manifold. The ss wire can be bought from welding supply shops in your area. It is too thin and you will have to wrap about 4 thick. Put one set of ends in a vice and the other set in a drill, keep tension on and pull the trigger.

baking soda rusts the wire quickly, NaOh leaves water clear and rusting may take 6 months.
NaOH get from soap making place.

Map sensor may be required, we had no luck on a 88 toyota van because they have an air flow ??? which may be causing the problem.

Hope this helps a bit in your quest for greater fuel mileage.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2009 07:23 AM by macedrive.)
06-26-2009 07:09 AM