Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
hho making my engine run rough...
sax88player Offline

Question hho making my engine run rough...
Hey guys,

I have been running my hho cell in my car for a good half a year now, and I finally took it all apart and grinded off all of the orange and brown crap that has accumulated on my plates so that they are nice shiney stainless steal again. While I had my cell out for maintenance, I installed a new cold air like intake system and new spark plugs... The problem is that now my car will run rough when I turn on my hho cell. I am definently producing a whole lot more gas at 15 amps then i was now that it is running efficiently again, tho I don't have an actual output amount measured... What I don't understand is what has changed that has made it idle rough. It almost feels more like a misfire when it's idling. (side note, I am injecting my gas through the pcv under vacuum)

Has anyone else experience any idle problems with their setups like I am? As soon as I turn off the gen and the gas thats there gets used up, its idle normal again, so it is just something to do with that mixture that is causing the engine to run incorrectly.

~Cory
10-08-2009 01:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: hho making my engine run rough...
Could be a vacuum leak (too much air getting into the cell). Do you have a valve to control that or a leak into the cell?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
10-08-2009 03:43 PM
abe Offline

OK This is just a guess, but if everything is the same before you cleaned your cell and you think it makeing more gas now.IT could be the exter gas,which has a faster flash point than gasolian.Cause it it ignite before top dead center. This would cause it to run rough.You might want to cut it back on the extra gas and see if that helps.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2009 02:44 PM by abe.)
10-09-2009 02:33 PM
jbalat Offline

Going along this line you could try retarding the timing a little..

However assuming no air leaks... my guess is that the o2 sensor is making you run too rich so you will need to re-adjust your efie (or whatever) to lean the mixture for the higher gas output
10-13-2009 12:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply