Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
hho mixed with biomass producer gas systems
David Campbell Offline

hho mixed with biomass producer gas systems
Hi all

I came across this site while researching the possibilities of adding hho into my gas generator air intake to improve the performance, etc. I am not sure what the "etc" would involve but- ideally- it should add to performance in a similar way to how it is being used for automobile- gasoline and diesel engines.

I am wondering, (considering 1st law of thermodynamics)- would I be using equal amounts of electricity (energy) to make hho that would be produced- resulting in zero gain or efficiency?

It is a greater desire to increase the heat value of my wood/producer gas from a low value of (say) 7MJ/Nm3 to a medium value gas of 10-12MJ. This will help me to use "off the shelf" natural gas engines that were born to use higher value gas.(than wood/producer or syngas)

If I can make hho from the waste thermal energy, I wouldn't be tapping into the electricity I produce- which is the main purpose of my biomass gas generation system.

For your reference I have been working commercially for 20 yrs with gasification and activation of carbon with most of my efforts directed towards the activation side of things. I use producer gas for my own systemic thermal needs but am now directing efforts towards harnessing the volatiles to fuel- gas engines to drive AC producing alternators.

Any info would be greatly appreciated and I will share my findings with others and your org.

Does anyone have hands on experience mixing hho with biomass woogas??

David
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2011 06:40 PM by David Campbell.)
09-04-2011 06:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
yehudivilensky Offline

RE: hho mixed with biomass producer gas systems
Biomass Classification converts solid biomass into more convenient gaseous form. The ratio of air to fuel required for the complete combustion of the biomass, it is really a good on will help in lot.

application project in java
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2011 10:10 PM by yehudivilensky.)
12-15-2011 10:10 PM
amos33 Offline

RE: hho mixed with biomass producer gas systems
(09-04-2011 06:35 PM)David Campbell Wrote:  Hi all

I came across this site while researching the possibilities of adding hho into my gas generator air intake to improve the performance, etc. I am not sure what the "etc" would involve but- ideally- it should add to performance in a similar way to how it is being used for automobile- gasoline and diesel engines.

I am wondering, (considering 1st law of thermodynamics)- would I be using equal amounts of electricity (energy) to make hho that would be produced- resulting in zero gain or efficiency?

It is a greater desire to increase the heat value of my wood/producer gas from a low value of (say) 7MJ/Nm3 to a medium value gas of 10-12MJ. This will help me to use "off the shelf" natural gas engines that were born to use higher value gas.(than wood/producer or syngas)

If I can make hho from the waste thermal energy, I wouldn't be tapping into the electricity I produce- which is the main purpose of my biomass gas generation system.

For your reference I have been working commercially for 20 yrs with gasification and activation of carbon with most of my efforts directed towards the activation side of things. I use producer gas for my own systemic thermal needs but am now directing efforts towards harnessing the volatiles to fuel- gas engines to drive AC producing alternators.

Any info would be greatly appreciated and I will share my findings with others and your org.

Does anyone have hands on experience mixing hho with biomass woogas??

David

Hi David.

It seems the problem you are facing is the reason why HHO was invented. "Hydro-Oxygenn Generators" were first patented by Charles Frazier in 1918, to be used to
enhance combustion in engines because the quality of gasoline was so poor and left
thick hydrocarbon deposits that degraded the performance.

I think OxyHydrogen can enhance any fuel in a combustion engine. Have a look see at these two videos I made using OxyHydrogen to enhance a gasoline combustion engine and then decide if it's for you:

This video shows how 1 lpm can increase the torque/hp of gas generators:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZuivzcv88A

This video shows how 1 lpm can increase the run-times of gas generators:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xheMauM9-...er&list=UL

hope these are helpful... http://www.Unplugged-Energy.com is my plugin Smile hope Mike don't mind.

I am a Christian
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2011 01:50 PM by amos33.)
12-16-2011 04:41 PM